M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to order a Giraud Power Trimmer. I have heard nothing but rave reviews about it and decided it was time to get one.

It will come set up in .308 Winchester and I ordered an extra cutter and die for .223 Remington also. I was told I should get it the 1st week of August.

I have a Lyman case trimmer now that I use with a drill, but it's just too slow when doing a lot of cases, and you then have to de-burr and chamfer also. The Giraud does all this while doing the trimming. My buddy bought one and says it's fantastic.

Anyone on the Forum use one?

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
I have one, it was from the first production offering from Doug. I do not recall how long ago that was when I get it. Between my use and friends borrowing it, to date it must have trimmed way over 200K pieces of brass.

One thing you need to do is religiously clean the shavings, micro shavings could get into the sealed bearings and do wonders to it. Ask how I know.

Congratulations on your purchase. You will love it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
About the brass shavings, I think I will use it in the vertical position as that may help keep them out of the bearings, or so I'm told.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts