M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Boyd’s wooden handguard awhile ago, but I was finally able to get out to the range today. It was a chilly day in Ohio so I knew I would have the range to myself and I was right, so I decided to take some glamour shots... pun intended GI5 I love the look of the matching handguard and stock. She’s a beauty now!

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Nice rifle. Bradley cheek rest looks good on that rifle.

Is that the Primary Arms 4-14 ACSS scope? How is that optic doing?

Also great choice with the airborne mount. Nice setup!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice rifle. Bradley cheek rest looks good on that rifle.

Is that the Primary Arms 4-14 ACSS scope? How is that optic doing?

Also great choice with the airborne mount. Nice setup!
Good eye! Yes, I’m happy with all the extra goodies I’ve been able to put on this rifle. I love the ACSS reticle. It’s exactly what I was going for with this rifle. That chevron gets the job done fast and the range finder notches are nice too. Too bad Ohio doesn’t allow 308 for hunting because this would be a beast. It would have been nice if I was able to have the red dot illumination on the chevron since it was almost sunset, but I must have forgot to turn it off last time I was out because it was dead when I tried to turn it on at the range... oops. By the time I got done there wasn’t enough daylight to take pictures. The Sadlak airborne mount was one of the best decisions I made in this build, I love it.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Good eye! Yes, I’m happy with all the extra goodies I’ve been able to put on this rifle. I love the ACSS reticle. It’s exactly what I was going for with this rifle. That chevron gets the job done fast and the range finder notches are nice too. Too bad Ohio doesn’t allow 308 for hunting because this would be a beast. It would have been nice if I was able to have the red dot illumination on the chevron since it was almost sunset, but I must have forgot to turn it off last time I was out because it was dead when I tried to turn it on at the range... oops. By the time I got done there wasn’t enough daylight to take pictures. The Sadlak airborne mount was one of the best decisions I made in this build, I love it.
Why can't you use 308 for hunting? Nice rifle!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ohio only allows shotguns or straightwall cartridge rifles (357, 44 mag, 45/70) for hunting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts