M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I finally got the call I have been waiting on since March. LRB is ready to ship my m25. My plan at this point is to basically replace the reciever on my last build with this one. I hope there will not be a headspace issue. If there is I will be looking for another barrel.
I had hoped to buy one of LRB's new bolts for this, but I was told they are still a couple of months out on the bolts.
I wish I had unlimited money, but I have been unable to do much "side work" lately, with my broken foot and more important sprained wrist. Anyway I am stoked about this and will be posting pictures as soon as I get it. I also will document all the steps to complete this project and post them as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I also just got a call from Lrb. I ordered a rear lugged M25 on Sept 11 last year. I am currently offshore though, so I have to wait a little longer before I can start assembling mine.
Wish you well on your build

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
And a merry Christmas to both of you! I know you've been looking forward to this for a long time. I hope you really enjoy your new rifles.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MM what receiver are you removing?
Fulton; I'm going to use the krieger barrel (if I can) and all the TRW parts. I am not going to sell the other reciever and will build it into another rifle someday.

·
"Death From Above"
11,442 Posts
Let me know how that barrel hand indexes. I know yiu can put it on a lathe if needed. Have you had to do that in the past for the kriegers? I've had to on 4 out of 6 I have installed. Remeber we spoke of that op rod/drill allignment guage? I figured a way around it but I'm sure you have your method to get the holes perpendicular to the barrel. I set up my action in the barrel vice using the digital angle finder and to get the right angles and clamped the vice to the drill press table. Worked out great! Took a few minutes to set the barrel in the vice but once it was in it only took seconds to drill the holes at 90 degrees to the bore.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Call from LRB

I got a call yesterday also. Ordered in Feb.

Don't know what I am going to build. I think this one accuracy is the main goal. I have other "correct" with all USGI parts of the same manufacturer. I am going to wait on an LRB bolt.

KG

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Lrb

Proud for ya buddy, hope your foot and wrist heal quickly and well.....especially your wrist....gotta have that to shoot !!!DI5

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
M25 Rear Lug Receiver

Called to be on the list January 2010.............Got the call from Jason from LRB Arms on November 16........confirmed order....... and then made payment on December 2, 2010.

UPS Arrival via tracking date to be December 9, 2010 to FFL. Looking forward to owning a great master piece of a receiver made for the M14/M1A Rifle from LRB Arms.GI2

Might upgrade to the new extended scope mount they are now offering and why not also the new LRB bolt as well.....right.DI5

Now what to do...........what to do.GI3GI8

·
Registered
136 Posts
I put in an order for one m25 and one m25 rear lug in April. No call yet. Maybe this might be for another thread but would you choose the new LRB bolt over a NOS USGI? Why?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts