M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously love the new Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0.
The neoprene is ridiculously comfortable!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qup-lU8B7Fw&list=UUExu7hFADDxISy14GsAn5VA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qup-lU8B7Fw&list=UUExu7hFADDxISy14GsAn5VA[/ame]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Went to their website, looks like a great product, very reasonably priced and come with spare parts too. Any issue with sweating with the Neoprene? A lot of heat and humidity where I live.

Thanks- Mike

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I really like the idea of a layer of neoprene against your body. Extension to keep top of slide away is great. Adjustable cant and tension. Neat clip alternatives.

Now can we get rid of the dork with the baseball cap on backwards and his obsession with packaging?

Serious question: what material(s) are in contact with the firearm? Kydex on the outside and _____? On the inside? I've never been especially comfortable with Kydex because of fears that it will gradually wear off gun finish.

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,631 Posts
I have worn a Galco V-HAWK IWB holster for my 1911 for the past 3½ years without an issue yet.

DI5

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I really like the idea of a layer of neoprene against your body. Extension to keep top of slide away is great. Adjustable cant and tension. Neat clip alternatives.

Now can we get rid of the dork with the baseball cap on backwards and his obsession with packaging?

Serious question: what material(s) are in contact with the firearm? Kydex on the outside and _____? On the inside? I've never been especially comfortable with Kydex because of fears that it will gradually wear off gun finish.
Gun finish will wear in any holster. Alien Gear uses the Kydex shell and at least on the Cloak Tuck 2.0 a soft leather like vinyl. Not overly durable either. The front slide serrations on my gun started cutting it on the first few draw cycles. Disappointed about that. It is cheap and it will get me by for a while. Pretty comfortable though. That I like.

When I can afford another holster of better quality, I'm thinking a Milt Sparks Nexus.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I've really liked the holsters I've ordered from HBE Leatherworks. The Com3 is an excellent IWB holster for 1911 etc. Pro TL is great for small pistols like KelTec PF-9. You can find better pocket holsters elsewhere though and sometimes there's a bit of a wait to get your holster made.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts