M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting my rifle back from Ted Brown w/Sadlak mount, I finally nailed it down to two scopes. SS 3-9 x 42 @ $600 on SWFAs website or the IOR 2.5-10 x 42 for $800. Only a $200 difference, the SS is .25 MOA versus the .1 milirad of the IOR and has the traditional mil-dot reticle vs. the MP-8 on the IOR.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think the MP-8 dot reticle will be a bit more useful than the standard mil-dot. Also, having adjustments that match the reticle is very nice. I'd go with the IOR. I hear Scott at Liberty Optics is the go-to-guy for IOR, wouldn't hurt to give him a call and see what he thought.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the IOR scope you mentioned on my M1A mounted with a Bassett mount and plain old Weaver rings. I am very happy with the set-up. Like you said, the MP-8 reticule is very easy to use. The scope is very high quality and the glass is excellent.

I think you'll like it.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
IOR all the way, MIL reticle and MIL knobs make adjustments quick and intuitive. Plus the glass quality alone is worth the $200 extra. I'm even thinking of selling my USO and have been eyeballing IOR's lately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts