M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to get an M1A for over 20 years now and finally had the chance to do so today. Traded a couple of pistols that I have not been shooting to subsidize it and ended up with a loaded with a walnut stock and parkerized barrel. I just like the classic look. I have been shooting ARs for a while and like them for 5.56 but did not want one in .308. Hope to shoot it tomorrow but it will be a while before I can shoot it at over 80 yards. I like the info I have found on this site and hope to learn a lot more in the future.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
This new rifle needs 20 round mags, a sling, and lots of ammo. Nice going on getting a new rifle. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
That sounds great! I just got my first a couple of months ago, the very same SA loaded with walnut & parkerized. I've managed to put several hundred rounds through mine, it's a terrific rifle. I hope you enjoy yours as much.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shoots great. 23 clicks up had it shooting 2.5" high and dead center at 25 yards with shots almost touching using 150 gr federal. I will refine when I get the chance at 100 yards but the once a year deer hunters have the range covered this time of year. I got a stuck case on the fifth shot but used a rubber mallet as shown and thoroughly cleaned the chamber and no more problems. Looking forward to some more range time.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Congrats on your first M1A! The loaded/walnut/carbon steel barrel model was my first also. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.