M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
The new bolt looks great. Less text and a much nicer surface finish than the one I have.

·
Premium Member
18,847 Posts
Congratulations on 009. I think you are going to have fun with this one. 002 and 003 from the same group buy are now in my collection. I used Wolfe modified standard weight match barrels on mine. What are you barreling yours with?

Semper Fi
Art

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations on 009. I think you are going to have fun with this one. 002 and 003 from the same group buy are now in my collection. I used Wolfe modified standard weight match barrels on mine. What are you barreling yours with?

Semper Fi
Art
I am definately gonna have lots of fun! I barreled it with a criterion socom barrel. I figured since i have 2 other rifles barreled in a kreiger and a standard I would go with a blaster. I'll post pics tomorrow when it's finished

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and one tool I really like to use to time them barrel to the receiver is this little gadget. I figure it's just as accurate as a digital level. And is much cheaper with the conjunction with the badger ordnance timing fixture

·
Registered
102 Posts
Congrats brother and welcome to the family! I picked up 020 last year but haven't been ready to build it until recently. I just got my NOS Sak barrel, and a NIW TRW bolt will be in my hands before the end of the month. Once that happens its off to John Wolfe to work his magic and install/Bed it into one of Wade's fine birch stocks.

It's finally starting to come together, I can't wait much longer!

Enjoy your Socom Aj, I certainly do mine!

BTW, they look mighty fine in wood!

·
Premium Member
18,847 Posts
Lookin good.I know what you are saying about the switch kit. I have them on 16 of my 18 rifles now. Waiting for the right stocks for the last two.
Whata hobby.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Just for the fun of it, here are 001,002 and 003 from that group buy. 001 is Hawk's and 002 and 003 are mine. We had a ball putting them together.

[URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_0895_zps31ce8497.jpg.html][/URL]
Art, you have a special way of making a man jealous. I just buttoned up my fourth tonight and will post it up tomorrow. Before I lapped for contact she just barely felt contact on the go gage at full battery. I'm excited for this one!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I got her put together. Only thing is missing is the dummy selector. I can't wait to try her out this weekend

She's a beauty! Was that stock purchased from M1Army?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Nice rifles Guys! :ARM37:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.