·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
6,732 Posts
The Blackjack Mamba or any EK knife was not listed so I think the poll was fixed.

Casey

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
3 out of 20 is not bad.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
He did pick some good knives. I doubt anyone would agree with everything anyone came up with.
Regarding his write up of the U.S.M.C. Fighting/Utility knife circa WW2 I don't think I've seen more misinformation regarding this knife jammed into about a paragraph worth of writing in my life.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Leatherman Wave, never leave home without it. Victorinox makes a great multi-tool that is second running and always in my car along with an Air Force Survival knife. My Ka-Bar is always on my vest. A Buck 110 Auto is on my shoping list. My 110 from 30 years ago have never failed me from skinning deer to cutting battery cables, but doesn't get out much now days.
The Gerber Mini Bush Axe is a must. If you have ever cut line you know that there is only one non-power tool that does it all. The Woodsman Pal looks interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for one of them.
There are a lot of good cheap knives out there now days. A plus side to everything being made in China evilness is good steel can be had a low price.
BTW if your getting old and don't move around as good or just want a cool sword check out the Cold Steel sword cane.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I saw that article a month or two ago. It's nothing more than a filler piece with pretty pictures.

Not saying I wouldn't own any of those knives, I'm saying that there are only a handful of different knife TYPES: Folder & Fixed. Double or Single Edge, Straight or Curved and Point type. Everything else is just variations on a theme.

The only other question has to do with quality, but there are plenty of people around the world who make quality knives.

Personally, I like a big knife. I have a few folders and utility tools, but for a serious knife I have an M1903 Bayonet (the long one), a Silver Stag Bowie with a 10" 1095 Tool Steel blade and what is essentially a modern Gladius in the same steel with a 17" blade.

I don't really like knives or knife fighting, so if you do something to make me pull it out I'm not looking to FIGHT you, I'm just going to cut your head off.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Leatherman Wave never leaves my side when I go into the field. I use it a ton for chainsaw maintenance in the field. Always comes with me on a hunt as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I love my Leatherman Supertool (original). 2nd one still with me after I left the first laying around at work and it walked off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts