M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wondering what people pay for an ffl transfer. Here in MT it's $10 at a couple of places near me.

·
Registered
349 Posts
You have the best deal in the country. I had a C&R license just to avoid high transfer fees. In my area it's $20-30. With some asking up to $50. Oh, don't make the mistake of telling your dealer that you saw these prices mentioned here.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
25 bucks.

Reactions: Rich D

·
Registered
131 Posts
$75 in my part of the state.
I live in N.California. I would rather not but it is what it is.
Over the past 5 years we went from $30 to $50 to $75.
I think so many people buy online now these gun shops/FFL small businesses decided they want part of the business.

·
Registered
940 Posts
It varies greatly here with fees running from $35 to over $100! If it is a handgun, you must have a "Handgun Qualification License" which means that unless you are in one of the exempt classes, you must take a course $, pay a $50 fee to the state police to do a background check and if you pass-you get the "HQL". The "HQL" allows you to pay a fee $10 to the state police to do another background check and wait 7 days before you can receive your handgun. YEP, IT'S REDICULOUS!

What is worse is that the democrat dominated legislature is trying to do this with long guns now!!!!!!! They are also trying to regulate antiques and muzzle loaders! I hate this state!

G

·
Yeah around here it varies, some are charging $25 and some are milking it at $50.

Made the mistake of having 2 guns sent to a local dealer, then he proceeded to gouge me for $25 on each gun, even though up to 5 can go on a 4473, I don't do business with him anymore...

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
$75 in my part of the state.
I live in N.California. I would rather not but it is what it is.
Over the past 5 years we went from $30 to $50 to $75.
I think so many people buy online now these gun shops/FFL small businesses decided they want part of the business.
sending you a pm

My ffl is $25 for the transfer plus dros

·
Banned
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like the most common price is $25, and the average is around $30. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Here in SE Wisconsin it ranges from $25 - $35 for long guns and $30 - $55 for handguns through smaller FFL's. Stores like Cabelas and Gander Mountain are considerably higher - by as much as 50%.

Reactions: Rich D
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.