M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a few updates on my scout. I was getting a Jae stock but got a real good deal on a Nightforce NXS 3.5-15X50 so I grabbed it.Will be getting the stock after the New Year.I removed the scout rail and changed the hand gaurd.I added a front stud and a harris bipod.I also added a cheek rest.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Looks great! which scope mount is that? And any tips on adding the front stud for the bipod?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Bassett Low scope mount I really like it real easy to install and is holding zero. Brownells sells a stud kit for it made by sadlak.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Scout Mount Removal

I like the way you are doing things. Looks great and functional, too. I want to do the same on my Scout.

I have some questions:
Is it a big deal to remove the front Scout Mount?
(I assume it is affixed with red locktite 271, or something)
Is the mount very heavy? Did it lighten the rifle much?
Was the hand guard a problem to attach? Anything I should look out for?
Where did you get the hand guard?

I'd appreciate hearing from you or some of the other guys that have done the same thing.

I'm kinda new and have already made some changes to my Scout. This would be the last thing for awhile. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The scout rail comes off real easy. The rail takes off a little less then a pound. But I was not using it so i took it off to give it a cleaner look. I got the handgaurd from brownells its made by Fulton armory $15 The handgaurd came off pretty easy just be careful not to scratch the barrel. I used fine punch to remove it off the barrel and a fine flathead screwdriver to get the u clip off the handgaurd.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I did the same thing to my Scout. Removed the Scout mount & added a vented USGI handguard from RA Parts. I haven't fired it since this but I don't anticipate any change in performance. Now I need to find a buyer for the Scout mount & use that money to get some ammo!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts