M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
My newest baby (yes my guns are my kids just like my cats are).

Percussion 45 cal, looks a lot like the flintlock so I'm going to assume it's based on the Pennsylvania style rifles.

Thanks Six for the resize job.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this one of them Pennsylvania models that uses "Kentucky" windage ... :wink:

How long is that baby exactly anyhoo ..... :roll:

Six

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DANG! 8O

I sure do luv that double barrel on the bottom ... :wink:

Six

·
Registered
615 Posts
I liked the picture of it too Six - dang he's got some nice smokepoles there.

Oh and Six the percussion is about 4 1/2 feet maybe a bit more. The flintlock is taller by about 6 inches and it's a good 5 feet and a inch or so.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Didn't know this board'd get around to blackpowder. About four months back I picked up a TC Hawken in .45caliber with the 27.5" barrel- they don't even list it anymore. Outside the finish is still in real good shape. Inside, well, let's just say sombody didn't know what they were doing. It was caked in stuff and there was even a peice of steel wool hung in the breech end- it got blown out with the air compressor. I shot it at something like 40yds with .440 round ball, .010 oily patch, and Remington's #11 caps- it hits pretty consistant, but I need to stretch that distance out next time I take it to the range. My only real complaint is I can't find a synthetic ramrod skinny enough to fit in the spindles under the barrel for hunting, but OTOH, the ramrod that came with it will seat a 225gr Powerbelt or 285gr Great Plains bullet pretty easy- I did that first time out.

Both the pictures ya'll put on are nice IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts