M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
It can be a pain the first time hold it up and twist it to the left a little once you get the back of the firing pin in it should just kind of drop in.

·
Registered
137 Posts
PRIVATE PYLE, W-T-F IS THAT? :x

A JELLY DONUT????? 8O

Sorry, I couldn't resist.....

Think of it like another favorite pastime. Put it at the entrance where it goes in, and jiggle and wiggle a little. When it goes, push it all the way in/back.

I bet you got it already.

--Fargo007

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's one of those things that'll take you an hour to get back in the first time. Then a half hour the next time. With a little practice you'll be able to pop it in and out in seconds.

Hold the bolt by the roller with the front of it slightly elevated (1/2" or so), at approx. a 40-45 degree angle to the receiver, and with the roller rotated upward approx. 15-20 degrees, and place in receiver about half way back. Continue sliding bolt backwards into the receiver while slowly lowering the front and rotating the bolt roller downward.

What we have to first achieve is getting that stupid tang on the firing pin through the firing pin timing slot in the bridge of the receiver.

After you do that, it's a piece of cake! ;)

HTH

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Welcome Aboard the Firing Line and Merry Christmas - mtnocella =D>

Glad you joined the crew - we hope you'll enjoy the forums.

I'd do what the 'Bruiser' said. If your M1A is new, it'll take some wiggling, twisting, pushin' and a whole bunch of words we can't repeat on the board to get it in. Once the rifle loosens up from shooting it for a while and you get a little more practice, it'll drop right in for ya.

See there - You did come to the right place to get some good, friendly help. Jump on in and join the party. :D

Pull up a chair and we'll set a place at the table for ya. \:D/

db

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.