M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rest in Peace
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen any Federal Mk 316 ammunition with a Mod number other than 0? I've heard stories of a Mod 1 or Mod 2 but no details of what the changes would have been, or if changes were really made.

Also what is the latest year of manufacture that anyone has seen?

TIA

Ray

·
Rest in Peace
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Over 120 look-sees and not one reply. I guess the Mk 316 ammo is a lot less common than I thought.USN4

Ray

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I also just did a NSN search and it only comes up with MK 316 Mod 0
Cage code search came up with NavSea Crane as the manufacturer.

NAME ITEM NAME CARTRIDGE,7.62 MILLIMETER
FEAT SPECIAL FEATURES PKG'D 460 METAL BOX,920 WIREBOUND WOOD BOX,33120 WOOD PLT

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
I don't think they designate a model 0 until there is a model 1 right?

·
Rest in Peace
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's always been Mod 0, as far as I know. It may have been manufactured for NSWC but all that I have seen were manufactured by Federal. The latest I have seen is FC 2011.

There was an earlier version manufactured for Crane, by WWC, but it was not called Mk316.

Ray

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Ray...
Ummm the box on the left, where'd you get that? Reason I ask is when I did my search I saw contract runs in 2010, 2011, and 2014. The white sticker with the 09 lot number should correspond with the year of manufacture right? Do you have a picture of the head stamp or remember what it was?

·
Rest in Peace
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CNelson

The head stamp on that Mk 316 ammo is FC 09. I believe it was the first manufactured to the specs on the Ammunition Data Card dated 4/29/09 that has been shown on the different forums, numerous times.

Can I ask, where did you see contract information for Mk 316 manufactured in 2014? That's the kind of information my OP asked about.

Ray

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
CNelson

The head stamp on that Mk 316 ammo is FC 09. I believe it was the first manufactured to the specs on the Ammunition Data Card dated 4/29/09 that has been shown on the different forums, numerous times.

Can I ask, where did you see contract information for Mk 316 manufactured in 2014? That's the kind of information my OP asked about.

Ray
From a web tool we use to get information for ordering stuff, everything from parts, to ammo, even beer. I can pull up items by nsn, cage code, manufacturer, find out who is the contract custodian, funding agency and who is allowed to procure said item.

·
Administrator
17,387 Posts
It's always been Mod 0, as far as I know. It may have been manufactured for NSWC but all that I have seen were manufactured by Federal. The latest I have seen is FC 2011.

There was an earlier version manufactured for Crane, by WWC, but it was not called Mk316.

Ray
The WWC95G002-001 is loaded hot... I have fired 80 rounds through my NM.

DI5

1 - 13 of 13 Posts