M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my newest find. Found her ar a pawn shop and brought her home to and a repaired the forend and had to get the stock tight.

The stoving is still pretty well intact, it has no import marks, but all the British export marks. All her numbers except the magazine match as well.
This weekend she'll get to go breath fire.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to some Brits on another forum who say the "wandering zero" is BS of the first order. According to them, it was either the Royal Army completely converted to the No5 or they went with the SLR (FAL) and not wanting to be left out of the self loading service rifle revolution they found (see made up) a reason not to adopt the No 5.
I mean take it for what its worth, but the guys on that forum know what theyre talking about when it comes to the Lee Enfield.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I wouldn't mind having one to put with my other SMLEs but...

From my experience with the " jungle carbine" I know is that while they are easy to swing around...those suckers really seem to kick...

Maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't mind having one to put with my other SMLEs but...

From my experience with the " jungle carbine" I know is that while they are easy to swing around...those suckers really seem to kick...

Maybe it's just me.
I hear the same about recoil, I'm try'n to scrounge up an extra butt plate so I can make a real cushioning recoil pad for it.

·
Registered
839 Posts
there is no wandering zero as the sight assembly is the same as the No4 just graduated different, and the No4 never had issue. IMO and many experts it was BS to go to a new weapon or as an excuse because the recoil is ferocious once that buttpad hardens up as it directs more recoil into a smaller space

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Reminds me of the Enfield I found at Cabela's a few days ago. Had a giant stainless steel cylinder attached to the muzzle that I can only assume to be a rifle grenade launcher. But even for that purpose, the thing was incredibly large (and heavy). It also had what appeared to be bare copper wire wrapped tightly around two parts of the stock, one part being where the left hand is held for firing. Was kinda curious about that...

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Reminds me of the Enfield I found at Cabela's a few days ago. Had a giant stainless steel cylinder attached to the muzzle that I can only assume to be a rifle grenade launcher. But even for that purpose, the thing was incredibly large (and heavy). It also had what appeared to be bare copper wire wrapped tightly around two parts of the stock, one part being where the left hand is held for firing. Was kinda curious about that...
Sounds like it was a grenade launcher. The wire was used to strengthen the stock on rifles equipped with the launcher.

As for the wandering Zero I agree it's BS. I have a Fazerkerly made No 5 and it has always shot straight and true. Recoil is no worse than an M1.

·
Registered
781 Posts
This rifle is a beaut. Definitely on my list for acquisitions.

I have read that they had problems holding a zero, does anyone know if this is the case? I believe the article I was reading said they were declared obsolete fairly early on because of the problem...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.