M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally!!!I have found a website pertaining to the greatest and most beautiful battle rifle ever designed. :mrgreen: [/img]

·
Registered
340 Posts
Welcome Gunny101157,

You will find good folks with good attitudes full of good information.
We all hlave fun with our M14 types.

TomR

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
"Welcome Aboard Gunny!"

I do believe I know this retired Marine too ... :D

Maker of a mean Ghille Suit Ta Boot ...

Six

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for the welcome! I need a opinion.

I plan to buy some utililities to wear when I go shooting and generally beat the bush. I still have a couple sets of woodlands from my military service but frankly don't like woodland. I have a couple ideas and want to know what others think. First, I considered Olive Drab. I wore O.D. (Sattens) for awhile before the Corps switched over to the Green Pickle Suit cammie in 77'. I liked the green Nam Leaf pattern but nobody makes it anymore. I thought about the Original Vietnam Tiger Stripe but can't find anybody that still makes the USMC Soft Cover in that pattern. I have nothing against the Army style BDU cap but being a retired Marine Gunny, I can't bring myself to wear one. I still have a buddy at Camp Lejuene and have considered having him send me the Marine's new MARPAT cammies and the new rough side out boots. Which by the way, I think would go well with O.D. utilities. Give them that WWII USMC look. I'd like to hear from others and get their opinion.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Gunny,
I know I like the green fatigues we wore in the Army. The 2 pocket shirt and 4 pocket pants.

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tiger Stripe Products

My friend just bought four from Tiger Stripe Products. He could only get them in Large because it's all old stock and they are getting out of the business of manufacture. Guess they are just going make money by licensing out the pattern. Anyway, I'll try that route if all fails but wanted to see if anybody else is making them because I wear a Small/Medium soft cover and will have to take them in a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts