M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the introduction of the Glock, in my case 1986, I have owned a few. Starting with that first $259 Gen I 17, I have owned and shot extensively the models 17,19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26,31, and 34. I never had a single issue or failure to feed at any time, with any of them.

Out of all of them, the only one I currently have is the 19, and I wouldn't trade it for any other. I like the carry size, the handling and shot control of the 9mm, performance of the ammo, and overal weight of the handgun. I shot plates with it yesterday evening and it is one fast little dude for a non competitive carry piece.

What say you Glock Owners? What's your Fav and why?

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
My 23C is my fave... but I've grown to dislike the .40 cartridge. I'm thinking of getting a 9mm conversion barrel for it.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I really like the .40 S&W and my daily carry and on duty back up is the G27. Handy size and great to carry. I also have two 23's and like them as well but for me they recoil just a tad harder than the shorter G27. Our detectives apparently had the same issue because they all switched from the G23's to either the G22 full size or the compact G27.

Reactions: Hyrail

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've always said that I'd probably die with my Colt .45 in my hand but after buying a Glock 35, it just might be in the other hand. :)

·
Senior Chief, U. S. Navy, Ret
407 Posts
Gotta be the Glock 21 SF for me. I like the full size .45 auto. Had a Model 23 several years ago and experienced a kaboom with some handloaded cast lead bullets. Learned my lesson re cast bullets and polygonal rifling. Don't much care for the .40 S&W round; too much pressure.

Reactions: LeeHarvey

·
Registered
61 Posts
How do you pick just 1?
G23 for carry/conceal
G22 for keeping "critters" out of the house
G34 for plinking with the guys at the range
G19 for the wife's carry/conceal

"I also have two 23's and like them as well but for me they recoil just a tad harder than the shorter G27". Mercman

G27 for less recoil HUH? May need to look into that!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
i only have one glock, so that must be the favorite, 34. its a funtional pistol, but i just have never warmed up to the glock .

·
Registered
559 Posts
i currently have 2 17s and a 26. have had a 23, 3 19s, 2 34s, a 35 and a 21sf.

i wont be getting rid of my current glocks any time soon but of them all, my absolute favorite is the 34. i think it balances the best. i had the 35 but got a conversion barrel for it and only carried it with 40 ammo in it. shot several thousand 9mms from the conversion barrel but just dont like the 40.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
"I also have two 23's and like them as well but for me they recoil just a tad harder than the shorter G27". Mercman

G27 for less recoil HUH? May need to look into that!
Yeah, really goes against common logic but I've seen too many corroborating facts about this characteristic. GI8

BTW, all you .40 haters can send me all of your guns, ammo and mags and I'll shoot it all up for ya FRG1FRG1FRG1

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I have owned a few Glocks, 17's and 21's. Still have one 17 with night sights, it's really my wife's house gun. If I was to buy another polymer pistol it would be a Glock model 20, I really like the 10mm, oh heck, I'd have to buy another M21 as well.

I have never really warmed up to Glocks, but no doubt their one of the most trouble free pistols that you can buy, if I was to pick a favorite it would be a Model 21.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, really goes against common logic but I've seen too many corroborating facts about this characteristic. GI8

BTW, all you .40 haters can send me all of your guns, ammo and mags and I'll shoot it all up for ya FRG1FRG1FRG1
That's an ongoing debate as deep as 9mm vs 45 and good vs evil. I can tell you it is not true with the 26 vs 19 (9mm)

The 26 is a short snappy recoil, the 19 is more pushy. By the time you get to the 34 it's seemingly delayed. I think folks are saying the 27 recoils less for the same reason. The short snap is peceived as "less"...All things being said, the shorty Glocks certainly are NOT a disadvantage over their mid size counterparts, IMO.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I've had a G19 and G23 and the G19 was my favorite of the two. Almost perfect size for a carry pistol for me personally and I just like the 9mm better than the 40. Again, just a personal preference.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
19, 22, and 35. The 22 and 35 with 9mm conversion barrels for plinking and 357 SIGs when traveling.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 357SIG, even the full size one I had, is a wicked round. The model 20 10mm was cool too, but not for the average shooter. Massive 180gr handloads. I tested it out on a white tail doe and the performance was right up there with a 44. A shoulder hit produced a through and through with a massive exit wound. Too much for the average defense load, IMO.

My next will be the 21sf...I wish they would make a mid size 45.... I don't know why it's full size or sub comp with the 20 and 21. Anybody know?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Over the past twenty years, I've owned (at various times) the following models: 17, 19, 21, 22, 23, 27, and 34.

Of all of these, the 19 is my favorite. I've done a couple of easy modifications...Trijicons for one, and I recently added a G17 trigger/trigger bar...love that smooth trigger, and it's the best less than $20 modification anyone could make...unless you count TangoDown's Vickers mag release. Still have a 19 and a 17. All others have gone by the wayside.

If I get another one, it'll be a Gen 3 G19 with the RTF frame. And maybe a G20SF for hiking and such.

ETA: concerning the .40's...the 27 was my favorite of the three. Actually seemed to recoil less than both the 23 and the 22. I distinctly remember those early 155 grain factory loads. Winchester's Silvertip was fairly painful to shoot out of the 23.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your guess is as good as mine...but have you taken a look at the M&P45C?

I'm sure they're good pistols, I'll stick with the original. Kind of a Coke and Pepsi thing.

I got a real kick when they did their best to emulate Glocks once Glock had gone through the pains of proving it feasable and reliable to make a Browning locked pistol with a poly frame.

·
Registered
547 Posts
The 17 RTF is my favorite. The grip is like velcro. I believe it to be better then the gen 4 grips. They seem to come at a lesser price too.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts