M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well
I finally seem to have gotten all I need to get myself an M1D, if not original, but close enough for me :D
I have been looking for M1D parts since early 2001. I hit paydirt the first time when I found a Danish proofed M84 with its mount online at AMMOMAN 8O , a couple months of COLA for living in Japan paid for that.
I got duped into two repro T37's and paid the goin rate for the real things at the time, guess we all have to learn differently, right?
Recently I posted a want ad for a barrel block, sure enough I got responses from about a half dozen guys, one fella from New Jersey offered me all the parts for his clone D because he got lucky in the first CMP D auction last year. So on the fifteenth of this month I will be the owner of all the parts I had needed for my build, including a repro cheek pad that Mr Bill Ricca helped make in the 1990's, I took it for the fact that if Mr Ricca helped it get made it must be a good repro.
So after all the stuff arrives, its off to Orion 7 to be done up right, then back home to turn some heads at the range.

Ahh life is good
RRVI

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Sound like your on track now. These old gun build ups are like old cars you have to dig in alot of grave yards before you find the right stuff ](*,)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.