M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NSR
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday, at 11:30 Phil McGrath showed up on my doorstep with rifle in hand. We had agreed to shoot t his Sunday and headed to the Ellk's Lodge 1413 range in Wren, Oregon. What a time! Phil brought "The Hulk" that I had gifted to him and I brought my TonyBen M-14 and GA Precision "Rock". All .308's. Does it get better?. Yes!!!

This was Phil's first time out to wring out the rifle and he had a great time shooting groups and getting used to the rifle. We had a blast.

My Rock and M-14 performed admirably. Previously the M-14 had been problematic, but th is time we got it sighted in and all went well. TonyBen had lowered the front sight and it was plunking 175 Lapua's dead in the center of a 600 yard repair center. The Rock was well, a "Rock" and stacked bullet after bullet. All and all a GREAT day.

On the way back we stopped by the Washington Street Steak House/Pub and had prime rib. Phil had a "Logger Burger". One pound of premiumandusbeef on a bun...ate it all including the pickle! Man, the foodie can pack it away!

Sorry, no pics...just memories of the best kind.

Wes

·
Registered
631 Posts
Spent mine w/ daugther. I was told Im gonna be a grampa! I suppose I can will one of the M14s to the youngun if he or she comes of age.

·
Registered
631 Posts
My area just opened a new 500 meter range so will try that shortly..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations!![

QUOTE="highlandfarmer, post: 4545534, member: 99010"]
Spent mine w/ daugther. I was told Im gonna be a grampa! I suppose I can will one of the M14s to the youngun if he or she comes of age.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
631 Posts
I appreciate the responses, trully. I feel nervous and excited at the same time -feels like the first time when I knew I was going to be a father. I had told my son-in-law the moment he asked for her hand - I raised this one from a pup and NOT a scratch on her - a good mind, faith, degree, and looks. So I expect the same care and devotion. The boy cried -

I said no need for all that. Just know you are getting a hell of a deal. He is a good kid. Good family. It is not easy for dads to give up a spot for another man to his daugther. God bless all our children. LOL>

Reactions: Cowtownscout
1 - 11 of 11 Posts