M14 Forum banner

Fast and Furious Fallout, or Lack Thereof

1043 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Spray n pray
What a surprise, everyone gets reassigned or gets to retire. And lets not forget the other officials involved that were promoted. A government agent was killed and laws were broken but no one goes to jail. Liberty and Justice for all indeed.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The head of the agency that oversaw a botched attempt to track arms flowing to drug cartels in Mexico is being reassigned to Justice Department headquarters, the Obama administration said on Tuesday.

Kenneth Melson, who has been acting director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, has been under fire and admitted mistakes in the sting operation meant to try to crack down on the flow of weapons to violent drug gangs.

He will be reassigned to the Justice Department's Office of Legal Policy as an adviser on forensic science, the Justice Department said. The attorney for Minnesota, Todd Jones, will serve as acting ATF director.

In further fallout from the operation, the attorney for Arizona, Dennis Burke, has resigned and the lead prosecutor on that case in the office has been reassigned, according to an administration official.

Another administration official said this is a chance for a "fresh start given everything they've gone through lately" at ATF.

http://news.yahoo.com/atf-chief-reassigned-botched-sting-161949768.html
Reactions: Whatsinaname181
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,350 Posts
Same $h*t, different day.

· Registered
2,302 Posts
Why isn't the BATF using their favorite tactic (Conspiracy) to pin these guys with the murder of the Agent. Oh. Wait. My bad. The BATF is the responsible party, so they get a pass.

· Registered
155 Posts
Any man who esteems justice is angry over "Fast and Furious". I wrote my Congressman and Senators, they are not leading the charge to investigate and bring to justice the criminals...

I'm mad as hell. Crickets in the halls of Congress. Those that are battling this are few in number, the entire Congress should be up in arms...No. They are protecting the guilty because they are guilty themselves.

Call your elected officials demanding justice. If they don't take up the cause, we should act to remove them.

· Inquisitor
11,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I read an article by Paul Craig Roberts recently on how we are going back in time to a Pre-Magna Charta legal system. I think this fast and furious deal is an excellent illustration of his point.
That's a very interesting observation by Roberts and an apt comparison by thecarkid.

· Registered
2,026 Posts
Ollie North 101. Higher up Gov't people all think they are the "first and finest", rather than "gee, I'm just another dumb clone". Nobody likes being reminded they are basically unqualified.

What in World War Z is called an F6 skill set.

· Registered
1,391 Posts
We're no closer to the truth now than we were 10 months ago. The Issa hearings were a joke, and a bad one at that. Issa may be sincere about this matter but when you look at the other congressional members that were there then one must assume that nothing was meant to happen. It was just another dog and pony show for the public's viewing. After all they have to at least look like they're doing somrthing. DI5

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.