M14 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 M1As and an Arsenal AK. i figured w/ the diversity in optics i have a gun for every job. i still think i need an original M14 for the collection.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
It's nice to see a tight knit family that supports adoption. Nice collection.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i must add that every collection is lacking with out a .22 LR.....but hey....this is a M14 forum.....who needs a .22!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Nice family, I may post mine somtime.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Nice, but one of these is not like the others! If you would like an ethnic cleansing of your family, I'd take that Russian thing off your hands for you.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Papa was off at sea when the Russian milkman came by.....hence forth the red headed step child. as much as i love that AK.....it's no M14. the M14 design just makes so much more since to me.

·
Registered
239 Posts
But if you could choose only one, which one would it be for the Z*mbie Apocalypse? (the site won't let me spell the name correctly, it keeps changing it to 'thug').

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Very nice

Thanks for the pics. all very nice rifles!! I am not one to bash other rifles the ak is a great short to medium range weapon and is well built to its own specs and designs. the 7.62s are well equiped and look outstanding !

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U. S. ARMY VET

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dont get me wrong! i love the AK! it is my second favorite rifle as evidence in the picture. it has never failed me, and to answer the other question....i would probably take the AK in a zommbbie fight for these reasons:

ease of more ammo;

can shoot it for a life time with out cleaning (i.e. reliability);

can tote in a vehicle easy;

can shoot faster with out muzzle climb;

can turn it into a side arm by taking the stock off;

that being said.....if we are shooting REAL zommbbies i.e. dead people that dont die easy , im taking the M14 with the red dot. i have shot large rocks and milk jugs with both these type rifles and nothing is more explosive and devastating than the 7.62 x 51. it will take down anything with one shot. you can shoot a house down if you have enough ammo. but why not take both type guns in a fight?......hence the phrase "...having all bases covered."

now if it were the end of the world and i were to sail tomorrow.....i would take two M14s.....wrap one in plastic kept in the hull of my boat and have the scoped one on the deck looking for pirates.

forgive the fantasy talk, but you can take it as metaphor for what i think these rifles can do.GITEN

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Only problem is deciding which one to take to the range/field/WW-Z haha! Very nice collection!

DS K.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Oh, dear! Where is the Socom? There should always be a runt of the litter in there somewhere...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts