M14 Forum banner

Fake Cartouches

1141 3
Saw a guy at the range this past weekend with a nice looking CMP Garand. I really did a double-take when I 1st looked at the stock though. It was obviously a new stock (probably Boyd's) but it had a brand new cartouche & armory mark (I guess that's what you'd call it - rectangular brackets with large lettering inside) on the left side of the stock.

The guy kinda tried to pass it off as being genuine at 1st (I guess just to see if he could, he was a nice older gentleman, not a huckster) but we weren't buying it & he admitted they were fake. I had no idea that people were faking stuff like that. :(
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
beware of so called unmodified op-rods as well, there have people in the past that have welded up the releif cuts, refinnished the op-rod and passed it off as original.

They're out there

RRVI

·
Registered
676 Posts
last i heard numrich was selling the fake stamps for "restoring" your cartouches. i haven't bought from them since i saw they were selling these. it just pisses me off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.