M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a few days away from buying a Springfield M1A NM with a stainless steel barrel. The best price I have been able to find is $1,839. Is this a fair price? If not where can I get a better deal (from a reputable source)? I'm not interested in used rifles. I don't mind paying for quality but I've read some posts on here where people describe buying NM rifles for a few hundred less, although the posts were 2-3 years old. Have the prices really gone up that much?

Thanks,
Connor

·
Registered
438 Posts
Best price i found for a Springfield was at Buds. I know some people don't like em but they have very good prices. I've purchased a few guns from em with great results and no hassles.

L

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, prices have gone up especially during election years. Better prices can always be had but you just have to be patient, search, search, & more searching.

Sometimes it's not worth the hassle if you have to have it now.

My .02¢

+1 for Buds & other online sources. Also, check for any type of discounts for LE or active/retired military.

·
Banned
3,773 Posts
+2 for Buds. You might keep a eye out on GB, you can sometimes get good deals there. Springfield has raised their prices and they are expected to raise again soon. IMO, for what they are asking now, I'd rather spend the coin on another maker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

I'm a few days away from buying a Springfield M1A NM with a stainless steel barrel. The best price I have been able to find is $1,839. Is this a fair price? If not where can I get a better deal (from a reputable source)? I'm not interested in used rifles. I don't mind paying for quality but I've read some posts on here where people describe buying NM rifles for a few hundred less, although the posts were 2-3 years old. Have the prices really gone up that much?

Thanks,
Connor
I prefer looking for used safe queens. We found a 3 year old NM that the guy purchased, shot once and put it in the safe. He had 2 10 round magazines with it and the SA magazine had never even been inserted (not a single scratch on it anywhere). When we went to do the PPT, he had all the original box, M1A was even in the original plastic long bag with all documentation. Rifle looked like it has just come off the LGS shelf. Immaculate. Best part was the price. $1,350. Score in my book (extras thrown in: a gas plug wrench that was still in the original package, the cleaning kit was LNIB and three magazine rebuild kits). It was a good find IMHO.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You might check out Grab-A-Gun ,,I have dealt with them 3 times and have been well satisfied with there fast delivery and Great follow up service,,,also the shipping is dirt cheap and no surcharge for Credit card,,,I bought my NM from them,,alsi the Rifle was shipped in a Hard case,,No big deal but every little bit helps

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm on the fence about buying a new SA M1a for $2,000. Were getting halfway to a build more or less. Plus we would probably add more goodies down the road anyway. I been looking at a fulton armory for quite sometime. But being frugal is my problem. But if your going to compete there are a few options.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
I wouldn't. I'd take some time, educate myself about M14's and commercial repros, bone up on USGI parts you're unlikely to get on a new rifle, watch the PX here and the CMP board's M14 forums, and get myself a better deal on a good rifle that's had some rounds through it..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts