M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a chance to hit the range this weekend with one of my favorite M14s. She's an NF scoped Fulton Armory build. Basically performed NM trigger mod, stock fit to include NM ferrule mod, handguard fit, shimmed gas system. No bedding.

Specs:
FA Receiver
USGI Win M14 Parts Kit
Criterion Std 1:12
Std USGI M14 stock
NF 2.5-10x32 NPR2
ARMS 18 mount

I zeroed at 100 yards with PPU M80 clone. Running about 3 MOA with some odd balls. Most likely velocity variations. I felt I was calling 'em better so I switched over to 175 FGMM to print some test groups. Had a few MOA 5-round groups, with one being sub-MOA. No wonder I like her so much. All in all a good day and spent most of my time ringing a 6" steel gong with my SG M1 Carbine. Good pointers them kar-beyens. The relative odd ball of the two following groupings was the first shot of the string.

Group 1:

Group 2:

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ARMS 22 low rings. Works out well for me. I prefer for the scope to sit low and the ARMS combo together with the NF gets me there.

Reactions: Batjac

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Very nice shooting and great rifle/scope combo.........
Don't do as I have done in the past -- get a gun shooting like that and then sell it..... you should hang on to that one

·
Registered
588 Posts
29 Palms MCAGCC B-1/7 & F-2/7 Wpns Plt 90-94

Yeah, she's sweet, nice shooting too!
m14brian
I used to be based out in 29 palms a long time ago, matter of fact I was over there looking around about 2-3 weeks ago on a Monday during rush hour 15-1600 hrs. I took advantage while the wife was shopping at the Cabazon outlet stores. I noticed alot of SBCS & CHP deputies/officers giving out speeding tickets like candy. That was new, kind of aggressive for them.

After coming back from Somalia in July of 1993, I was one of first to get the new (at that time) off base military housing, which now have a security gates, finally. They still need an MP substation and or gate sentries as added watch.

As well as two new semi high rise hotels(Yucca Valley and 29 Palms) not too bad, it's good to see growth finally.

Are you still on active duty?DI5

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
First time I read the title I thought we were going to see a range report on a full auto M14 with a scope on it. I thought...what tha heck???

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
The rifle is awesome, the groups are excellent - but the "trigger man" did a fine job too! You can have the best equipment, set-up etc. - but putting time and practice in to become a great shooter is something often overlooked!

Nice work on all fronts - M1Army

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Great shooting - and done without the assistance of a magical SEI receiver or parts!

Fulton Armory Rocks! Beautiful rifle! Now that is gun control!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.