M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced the extractor and ejector spring/ plunger assemblie on my sa m1a with usgi parts from fulton, now the case well not eject. Put the sa parts back in and the rifle works fine. Any suggestions?

thanks, Ken

·
Registered
6 Posts
ozark mountian man said:
Replaced the extractor and ejector spring/ plunger assemblie on my sa m1a with usgi parts from fulton, now the case well not eject. Put the sa parts back in and the rifle works fine. Any suggestions?

thanks, Ken
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Keep the GI parts just in case you have a failure in the future.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Are you hand cycling or actually firing? I hand cycled mine and it took a few tries to get the springs and everything happy so they would grab the case. The first 3 tries it wouldn't even grab the case and just pushed the round into the chamber but didn't lock up. Finally after 5 rounds it was running very smooth and had no snags. I also made sure the extractor and ejector had just a touch of grease on the shafts (read: applied and wiped off). This seemed to really help.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ken, I was wondering if you used your chamber brush at all.. That thing is VERY important. Im always scrubbin out my chamber just in case.

You didnt say ifn it was a GI bolt or not. I assume it wasnt?

P.S. DONT oil or grease the chamber.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MARCHORDIE
The bolt is springfield, the replacement parts are usgi.
I clean and use the chamber brush after every fireing,and I make sure the chamber is dry.
Am I right in saying the parts only go in one way? maybe when I put the sa parts back in I just got lucky.
Ken

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.