M14 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a friend call me a few days ago and asked if I was interested in helping him thin a little bit of his collection. I wasn’t really in the market for anything new (except an M14 TG and OP rod) but I heard him out and he made me a deal I couldn’t refuse. I stopped at his house and ended up leaving with ANOTHER Mosin and a Tanfaglio BTA-90.

I had a few minutes to spare last night so I went to the range to test out the BTA-90. Overall, I was very pleased with the accuracy of this pistol and the feel of it in my hand. It doesn’t have a small frame feel and functioned very well. I do have a question for anyone that might know more about these. I had two instances in about 8 mags where it did not extract. The casing was still in the chamber and the next round was half out of the mag. The spent casing was easily removed by hand after taking the mag out but I’m left to wonder what might be the cause. I was using Federal 115g FMJ but have not tried other ammo yet. I will be trying some different ammo tonight to see if that makes any difference. I have not broken it completely down yet but it appears clean. Anyone have any thoughts? At any rate, I feel pretty good for a couple hundred bucks.

The first round was the 7 ring on the left. I walked it in and felt great about the accuracy. The rest were a mag dump that I felt realy good about as well.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts