M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Never even seen one till now, looks interesting. Something I'll quickly note, the grooves on the back are horizontal, I'm wondering how that effects the use. The Sadlak's are vertical so your thumb slides off easily as you pivot the mag forward. Could be a moot issue but just something I noticed.

They do seem to like wide contact points don't they? Hopefully someone gives one a try or already has one and can tell you more.

Law483 used to have the Sadlak units for $40 shipped, not sure if they still do though. May want to send him a PM to ask... if it's something you're interested in.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Extended release is pretty big, almost looks like my brake pedal in my car. Well, maybe not that big.

Thanks,
Scott E.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The extended bolt release looks interesting. With the more than occasional problems mating a SEI extended release with a LRB receiver (release barely holds bolt open, must be modified to work), seems like NEA has a chance to offer an improvement, if it works on LRB receivers.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
They do like wide. Can't be sure without actually handling them but I would be concerned with the possibility of the wider parts hanging up on loose clothing, etc. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I would be concerned with the possibility of the wider parts hanging up on loose clothing, etc.
+1

In the photos the mag release is clearly wider than the magazine itself. This seems like a bad idea to me...

I have the Sadlak mag release and like it a lot.

More Kool-Aid, please!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts