M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes it and how much? Are they forged or cast parts? If you got one, is it worth it and do you like it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
The Smith ones work great I've got them on 3 of mine and they are the best
1 slap and you're in business just like an AR

·
Registered
947 Posts
These actually convert the bolt stop to a bolt release.

If you're used to slapping the side of the rifle after magazine changes with the M16 these will fit with the same drill. A little more difficult manually locking the bolt to the rear, but that's easy to overcome.

Rooster 33 makes one too. I'd have bought it, but it has (had?) some large commercial logo on it.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've got Rooster33's bolt releases on both of mine. Love the way she handles, woth every bit of whatever it was they cost. I don't mind the large R33 on the releases as it shows pride in his work. Roosters logo is smaller now for those that wanted a smaller stamping. dmen

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Texian said:
I looked on the TROY website and didn't see a new and improved M14 bolt stop. Hmmmm.......maybe I missed something...?

Tex
Yes, the Troy Industries extended bolt stop is listed in their 2005 print catalog. Web sites are not always mirror images of printed catalogs. The web site link was provided for contact information. I'd telephone or e-mail Troy Industries to order their extended bolt stop if you want one.
I apologize for not being clear. :oops:

The Smith Enterprise, Inc. extended bolt stop is a high quality unit. We have two of them and they work very well. A third one is on order from SEI. 8)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Different,

Thanks for the clarification. I'll give'em a call.

BTW, I haven't thanked you, lately, for your contributions to the M14 world,.....SOOOO.....here's a KUDO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tex

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.