M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When one rifle just isn't enough, but the bow and gun fund won't support another whole gun purchase for a while... GI3

Started with this:

The black composite stock just didn't look right to me:

Couldn't leave well enough alone, and ended up here:

It was a wee bit heavy, and I got to wanting a bipod. Couldn't stand the idea of drilling and dremeling the wood stock for the bipod mount, so I picked up a fiberglass stock:

Think I'm going to acquire a GI sling, and put it on the wood stock, then when I want to shoot just irons, I'll drop it in that one. The pod and scope can reside on the fiberglass for long range stuff.

One gun, 2.5 stocks, all the other accessories, and its time to recover the budget...LOL!

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's Barbie dolls for guys. Pathetic, isn't it? But who am I to talk? I have six stocks for two guns. Keep on keepin' on brother!
I'm just thinking about that. You can get an AR15 with Hello Kitties on them, in pink and blue and all the other frooty colours of the rainbow. You can get them with the uppers engraved with rude jokes and insults written in Arabic, or nasty messages on the dust cover, or ghastly spiders and logos engraved on them.

I am glad the M14 remains a man's gun, by Godfrey. May it ever remain so too.GI2

·
Banned
2,951 Posts
Dude you are a genius! I might be able to convince my wife it is the same rifle!

Reactions: 628

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Six stocks for three rifles means three more rifles necessary, simply the way it works. Oh sorry, next one is a Super Match, so three more after that. And so it goes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.