M14 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Springfield Armory loaded m1a and want a mounting system that will allow me to co-witness the iron sights, but also allow the use of an eotech (552) and the new eotech g33 3x magnifier. It appears as though this will fit on the standard Sadlak or SEI mounts(with some overhang) and i can use the extended SEI mount if neccessary after measuring, but i am wondering if anyone has ran a setup similar to this?

My main concern is that when the magnifier is flipped off to the right it will cause brass to either damage the glass or to not eject properly. If anyone has any experience with this i would appreciate any insight into the matter before i spend upwards of $250 on a scope mount that may not work reliably with my optics.

p.s. i do not want to use a chassis system like troy's or sage's one reason being cost and another is i would like to keep as much of the m14 look as possible (i know this is silly when mounting an eotech but i will probably run a 1.5-5x or 2.5-8x scope on it most of the time)

again any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
It kind of seems like you're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, especially since you are planning to run a low power scope most of the time.

If the magnifier doesn't flip left, I'd say it's a no-brainier to not do it.

What about 1-6x scope with a lit reticle? Another option is to install an ultimak and run your eotech setup more forward.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts