M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son just dressed up his M1A with a high tech stock. I want to buy him an Eotech sight as he had to remove the NM sights to install the stock. Does anyone have experience with the Eotech 512 on the M1A? Is it durable enough to handle the recoil? He tried using a cheap Bushnel hunting scope and the recoil blew out the cross hairs in less than 100 rounds.

Thanks in advance for any advise you can provide.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
My son just dressed up his M1A with a high tech stock. I want to buy him an Eotech sight as he had to remove the NM sights to install the stock. Does anyone have experience with the Eotech 512 on the M1A? Is it durable enough to handle the recoil? He tried using a cheap Bushnel hunting scope and the recoil blew out the cross hairs in less than 100 rounds.

if your putting a eotech on a 22" match barreled action your gonna sell yourself short, better off getting a higher magnified scope just IMOP, i do have a eotech on my 16" build

·
Registered
3,747 Posts

Excellent out to 300m IMO. Ive been looking for a good inexpensive magnifying optic (besides the eotech at 500 bucks! Not even a primary optic!) to get me past that. No trouble at all with the recoil in my experience with that setup. I have seen them on .50 cals so...

·
Registered
352 Posts
The eotech can handle the m1a, no problem. I've seen the 552, which is almost identical to the 512 on everything from m4 carbines to mini guns and .50 Cal machine guns with no issues.

Reactions: Cool Change

·
Registered
569 Posts
Before I went with my current setup, I hade a 512 on my M1A with a reciever mount. I think It makes it easier to aim faster even with the 22" barrel.

If you want to go to a magnified optic that has a low price I would look at Bushnell scopes.

Good Shooting.

TXS

·
Registered
76 Posts
The EOtech is what I use to take care of the tac team guys at the office. If you are not going to be using nv go with the XPS2-0. If you are interested in nv then there is the XPS3-0. Either way here is the link: http://www.gggaz.com/eotech-xps2-0-best-value-package.html

I always go with the Accucam mount due there being some problems with the factory screw backing out.

These guys have alot to offer including the magnifiers along with Aimpoint packages.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
It'll handle the recoil no problem. Have used them on 240s.

If you don't want to go the magnifier route with it, take a look at the Trijicon Accupoints. The 5-20x50mm model is about $900 at most shops. Can get a lower magnification model between $600-$800 no problem. Or used.

End up paying the same as an EO+magnifier

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
I have one Eotech 512 & have had it on a bush rifle which a few houndred rounds went threw. And currently its on a 7.62 M1 tanker & has had another 100rds across the bow. Wish I could afford one or two more of them.

HH

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Go with an XPS2-0....I have one on my Socom II. Mine is the Brownells Tactical CQB dot edition. Great optic, holds zero indefinately and is tough as nails...can't really dispute a battle proven optic!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Excellent out to 300m IMO. Ive been looking for a good inexpensive magnifying optic (besides the eotech at 500 bucks! Not even a primary optic!) to get me past that. No trouble at all with the recoil in my experience with that setup. I have seen them on .50 cals so...
I picked up the Chinese knock off 3x EOTech magnifier from Midway for like $89 about 3 years ago. I think the brand was Mako? My buddy had one so I ordered it and it works fine. Slightly distorts the 1moa center dot, but not by much. The extra high ring mount it comes with was extraordinarily cheap and the clamp was bent right out of the box. I picked up a no name extra high single ring from MFI for cheap and it works just fine. I regularly shoot the mil qual 25 - 300m course without the magnifier and hit 39 - 40 no issues. I also like the 512 model. AA batteries are everywhere.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts