M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eotech brought these out for 870s and Mossbergs sometime this summer, I think. I've seen one on a Mossberg and it looked pretty good in the store: three switches, constant on, press on, and strobe, very compact and streamlined as compared to, say, the Surefire version, and a fair bit cheaper. To my mind a shotgun light should be mounted on the pump and I'm very minded to get one of these- however haven't met an owner yet. Has anyone used this Eotech? I mean out in the world, in the dark?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I have and have used the Insight (which is Eotech) M6X light on my M4 and ARs. I love them, and haven't been able to destroy them.

Based on experience with their other equipment, I'd say they're good to go.

Reactions: Sweets

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Buddy of mine has one mounted on his 870 and really likes it. We plan on getting it to the range one night soon and comparing it to the Surefire forend on my Benelli M2 Tactical.

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buddy of mine has one mounted on his 870 and really likes it. We plan on getting it to the range one night soon and comparing it to the Surefire forend on my Benelli M2 Tactical.
Eotech claims to be about 20% brighter than the older SF version but OTOH SF is very honest about lumen output and I don't know about how Eotech rates themselves, so I'll be most interested to find out your results. I have now acquired the Eotech myself, and I have to say it's at least as good as the older and less compact SF. I know I like it better but I'm not in a position to do a side by side brightness comparison. Since both lights will fade with lower battery power, I hope you'll be careful to use new batteries in each?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts