M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, a couple months ago while in iraq i ordered an eotech 512 for my mini 14, ive only been able to shoot it a couple times since then :(. I keep the rifle at the house back in nebraska (stationed at fort hood). Each time i go home on leave i put about 600 rounds through it i havent had any problems with sight yet just was wondering if anybody else has the same setup on their mini and if they have had any problems with it, and if they have what the fix was for it as im sure some problems are eventually gonna show up

·
Registered
839 Posts
seems it would sit real high IMO, more like chin weld than cheek weld LOL

Thats said EOTech are decent, the only common issue is the rubber and spring connector pieces from inside the bottom of the battery compartment WILL eventually come out w/ the batteries when you replace them, not a matter of IF but WHEN, but you can just stick them back on the new batteries and srop them in the compartment and it will work fine, or EOTech can send you a new battery compartment

thats really the only issue w/ EOTech 512s

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I've got a 512 on one of my AR's and a 552 (same as a 512 but with night vision option) on my duty rifle. I had the 552 on my duty rifle for five or so years with no problems. I went to qualify with it one day and the reticle wouldn't get bright enough to see in the daylight. I talked to one of their techs and he knew what it was right away. I sent it back and for about $60 it was repaired. As an aside in my conversation with the tech he revealed that not all the EOTCH's sold are milspec quality adn that the components that may not reach milspec may be installed in sights sold as civilian models. I had to convince him that I was LEO before he would commit to installing a milspec replacement part.................still I much prefer the sigth display to any other out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.