M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for 1" scope rings that will hold up to the abuse an M1a can dish out without breaking the bank, any suggestions?

They will be mounted on a 50mm objective lens scope on a VLTOR rail.

·
Super Moderator
11,120 Posts
Burris Signature Zee rings, the ones with the inserts. I've read lots of reviews about them and nobody has anything bad to say, and that was coming from the accurateshooter forum. They are considered a good ring for light to moderate field use (basically great for hunting and bench work.

I've got a couple hundred rounds through my standard Zee rings and they are working great.

Tony.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the suggestions. I've looked at each one and realized that I forgot to include that I am looking for see through rings so that I can use iron sights on my gun too. Is there a good choice out there or do I have to suck it up songs get the regular ones?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I'm looking for 1" scope rings that will hold up to the abuse an M1a can dish out without breaking the bank, any suggestions?

They will be mounted on a 50mm objective lens scope on a VLTOR rail.
If your going to use a 50mm scope on I presure extended vltor you will need high rings, a nice pair of steel rings would work

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
I can't recommend Warne rings enough.

They are great.

I prefer badger but Warne are very good.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Shameless plug: my Leupold mark 4 rings which are in the BX would work great, I had them mounted on my M1A with an 56mm lense, they are 30mm rings.

But that aside, I like both sets of my Leupold rings, I've been real happy with them. I think the are about $130-$150 new.

Caution: when I hear the word 'cheap' I worry, when it comes to quality and scopes and guns I would go with quality, why get a cheap something and put it on your rifle? This is the thing you look through to put a bullet down range for your protection, food or fun (missing isn't fun). Go with quality.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
How do I figure out whether a certain pair of rings will work? Is there a chart?
Here's how I figured it out:
1) scope bell height, hold scope over mount so bell of scope is not touching hand guard, get it close to where you want it.

2)measure from center of scope tube to top of scope mount rail, this is the approx ring height. Ring height is from rail to center of scope tube.

3) contact the ring manufacturer you are interested in and ask them what the measurements for the different sizes are, low, medium, high. Usually they have specs for them posted on their web sites.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm running the Burris Xtreme Tactile Ring on a High Pic Bassett Mount
They are Low 30mm Rings with a 50mm or a 56mm OL Scope
With a 1" Tube, you may have to use Med or High Rings depending on your Mount's height
Rock solid Rings

1 - 13 of 13 Posts