M14 Forum banner

Entry Level Scope Rings for M1A

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  DenStinett 
#1 ·
I'm looking for 1" scope rings that will hold up to the abuse an M1a can dish out without breaking the bank, any suggestions?

They will be mounted on a 50mm objective lens scope on a VLTOR rail.

#5 ·
Burris Signature Zee rings, the ones with the inserts. I've read lots of reviews about them and nobody has anything bad to say, and that was coming from the accurateshooter forum. They are considered a good ring for light to moderate field use (basically great for hunting and bench work.

I've got a couple hundred rounds through my standard Zee rings and they are working great.

Tony.

#6 ·
Thank you all for the suggestions. I've looked at each one and realized that I forgot to include that I am looking for see through rings so that I can use iron sights on my gun too. Is there a good choice out there or do I have to suck it up songs get the regular ones?

#11 ·
Shameless plug: my Leupold mark 4 rings which are in the BX would work great, I had them mounted on my M1A with an 56mm lense, they are 30mm rings.

But that aside, I like both sets of my Leupold rings, I've been real happy with them. I think the are about $130-$150 new.

Caution: when I hear the word 'cheap' I worry, when it comes to quality and scopes and guns I would go with quality, why get a cheap something and put it on your rifle? This is the thing you look through to put a bullet down range for your protection, food or fun (missing isn't fun). Go with quality.

#13 ·
I'm running the Burris Xtreme Tactile Ring on a High Pic Bassett Mount
They are Low 30mm Rings with a 50mm or a 56mm OL Scope
With a 1" Tube, you may have to use Med or High Rings depending on your Mount's height
Rock solid Rings

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.