M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished talking with Ron Smith of SmithEnterprise, Inc. about a M-14 Scout/Bush rifle project I'm planning to do. He stated that the only receiver he would recommend is the Entreprise Arms. He says they all have some problems but Entreprise is the best of what is available. Since Entreprise has a sale going right now $399.oo http://www.entreprise.com/ I just placed an order for a M-14A2 Standard. Lawrence at Entreprise says they are going fast, better hurry.

Greg

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Sounds like a real winner if Ron Smith recommends it ... :wink:

Wish I was rich .... :(

Six

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SixTGunr said:
Sounds like a real winner if Ron Smith recommends it ... :wink:

Wish I was rich .... :(

Six
So do I :cry: Wife is going to kill me. Or worse yet, Make me get a real job...... :(

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
MsgtMaze
I hope you plan on Ron Smith doing your bush rifle project. Ron has one of my Entreprise's that he his tweeking for me. He is "The Man"

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oxmix said:
MsgtMaze
I hope you plan on Ron Smith doing your bush rifle project. Ron has one of my Entreprise's that he his tweeking for me. He is "The Man"

Regards

Ox
Oxmix,
I wouldn't think of letting anyone else build it but Ron :wink: . He's built or rebuilt my last three.

How is your Entreprise? What's the receiver markings like? Have you got any photos? Believe it or not I don't have a clue what they look like 8O .

Greg

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Enterprise looks so good, I couldn't resist ordering one myself. As soon as Ron gets done with my SA, I'd like to build another on the new receiver. As far as asking my wife goes...I've always prescribed to the adage that it's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission :wink:

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
I have a buddy that has a Entreprise Arms M14A2. He is very pleased with it and I can't stop looking at it. Fit, function and finish are excellent.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got this post and moved it over from Battle Rifles :cry:

Quagmire said:
OK, I just called Entreprise & enquired about ordering one of their receivers. The guy on the phone told me to have my dealer call the order in & send a copy of his FFL.

He also said that the current batch of receivers do not have the rear sight index marks. He did not know why they were missing, he said "maybe they forgot".

Well, I'm still thinking about it...
I just received my receiver and ....Yep! It's missing the windage marks on the rear end :-? .

Called and talked to Ron Smith and he says once it's been heat treated it's near impossible to correct without machining, rewelding, machining, marking and heat treating that area by Melonite. Sound like a lot of extra work? It is! Not sure what I'm going to do yet but I will be calling Entreprise Arms on Monday. From there I may be back to looking for a Smith Enterprise receiver :roll: . If you haven't ordered one of these yet I'd hold off until this is corrected.......We'll see.

Greg

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Greg,

I have been watching this thread with great interest. And, the price seemed really good... lucky I saw these last posts before jumping in... since I am not independently wealthy, I think I will wait until a Smith Ent. receiver comes along and until then try to save up...

Thanks for the post and heads up...

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts