M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The M14 was my TO weapon when I was an 0311. Yeah, I'm that old, old enough to know better. Spent a few years in my beloved Corps, then became a Corpsman, because Doc had it easy, ya know? Ha! 22 years later, many years serving the Corps, plus 2 ships, i retired as an HMC (SW) There was no qual for FMF, while I was active, or I'd own that, too. 22 years on the pointy end of the spear, 14 dust ups, and I didn't get invited to any of them, a highly successful military career. I got to do all the fun stuff, and never got shot at.

Finally in a position to get the M14, a S.A. M1a Scout Squad. Easy to sight in, highly accurate after about 1000 rounds down the pipe. GI1

·
Administrator
17,173 Posts
Welcome aboard Steve, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great week. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome from the wet side of the Cascades, Doc. Thank you for your service.

·
Super Moderator
10,975 Posts
The M14 was my TO weapon when I was an 0311. Yeah, I'm that old, old enough to know better. Spent a few years in my beloved Corps, then became a Corpsman, because Doc had it easy, ya know? Ha! 22 years later, many years serving the Corps, plus 2 ships, i retired as an HMC (SW) There was no qual for FMF, while I was active, or I'd own that, too. 22 years on the pointy end of the spear, 14 dust ups, and I didn't get invited to any of them, a highly successful military career. I got to do all the fun stuff, and never got shot at.

Finally in a position to get the M14, a S.A. M1a Scout Squad. Easy to sight in, highly accurate after about 1000 rounds down the pipe. GI1
Hi Doc and welcome aboard.. Psst....I got some rust on my pipe can you take a look?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Welcome and thank you for your service! I used to live near Spokane (Nine Mile Falls) in my younger days.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts