M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I always thought his name was ELMER. Even the website spells it with a "U", though.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I spent some time with Mr Ballance this morning, on the phone. While purchasing some parts from him (he has many more to sell that just bolts) I had the opportunity to speak with him about the M1A and found him to be not only extremely knowledgeable but very helpful as well. If you are looking for parts or info I highly recommend taking the opportunity to call and speak with this father of the civilian version of the M14.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Just scored a couple TRW bolts from him. $225 each and they're complete with all the internals. Can't wait for them to get here...
JMPWNG2

·
"Death From Above"
11,442 Posts
I would proceed with caution here gents. I know who Elmer Ballance is but a coue of guys on another post purchased bolts from him and they turned out to be rewelded drill rifle bolts. If you care to take the chance go right ahead. You might as well go onto Sarco website and buy the same demilled bolt for 65 dollars. Don't get taken for a ride on a name please! The same thing happened on the other post someone with one post came along and said oh Elmer has bolts for sale. Well I suggest you find that thread and read what happens when the members get there bolts delivered.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I thought it was strange that posts by 2 different new guys, "remington1858" and "Iron7", gave the head's up on these being for sale. Even stranger that the post and the website linked miss-spelled his name.

Can the registrations for these two be checked to see if they are the actually same person?

Thanks,
Cass

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I see the website is no longer available either....

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Hmmmm - all I get is this......

Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.
Apache Server at devinegunparts.webstarts.com Port 80

·
"Death From Above"
11,442 Posts
I think there is something wrong in dodge city. If I am wrong I will be the first one to appologise to Mr ballance.
As far as a single member signing onto the forum under two names it's probably possible from a single ip address. Once they are banned the ip address I would assume gets banned not the username

·
Registered
680 Posts
I asked if these bolts were welded and Elmer stated no. I've bought some stocks from him in the past and didn't have any issues. He is now taking CC's so if when they arrive they turn on to be ex drill rifle bolts, I will return them and ask for a refund. If push comes to shove I can also fill a dispute with my CC company.
Hang in there, once I get them I'll post a report.
JMPWNG2

·
Registered
680 Posts
After double checking with Elmer it turns out these are the same welded bolts. I was able to cancel my order before he shipped them. I guess it was too good to be true.

·
Registered
680 Posts
When I first ask if the bolts had been welded Elmer replied they were “like new and guaranteed”. I guess I assumed that “like new” meant not previously welded. After finding this thread I called him back and asked again, this time he confirmed that they were from drill rifles and had had the firing pin hole welded shut at one time. Luckily I discovered this in time to cancel my order before he charged my card.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
TNW50cal...We understand how you feel, as you are working 2 different threads. Ease up a bit while this pans out.

All of a sudden Ellmer has a 6th grade website with his own name spelled wrong, and a hit and run poster advertising on his behalf on the forum. Anybody else read anything into this? Somebody taking advantage of an elderly person? I think there is more to it.

Mr Ballance deserves a little more from us up front. Make your point, state your facts ONCE....I personally will be watching this thread closely.

·
Registered
743 Posts
TNW50cal...We understand how you feel, as you are working 2 different threads. Ease up a bit while this pans out.

All of a sudden Ellmer has a 6th grade website with his own name spelled wrong, and a hit and run poster advertising on his behalf on the forum. Anybody else read anything into this? Somebody taking advantage of an elderly person? I think there is more to it.

Mr Ballance deserves a little more from us up front. Make your point, state your facts ONCE....I personally will be watching this thread closely.
7.62bthp:

That's what I was saying in my post above. Even stranger that there were two different new posters that gave the head's up about these: "remington1858" and "Iron7", one on the Devine forum and one on the Steals and Deals forum. Even stranger as you noted that the post and the website linked miss-spelled his name.

Can the registrations for these two be checked to see if they are the actually same person?

Thanks,
Cass

·
Registered
2,021 Posts

My thoughts exactly. I am wondering if a total hijacking of Mr. Ballance identity has been attempted. Some of the posters have stated that they have talked with him, but was it actually him? I don't know Mr. Ballance personally and would not know if I was actually speaking with him on the phone. Does anyone know Elmer personally and know for sure that they have spoken directly with him?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I don't think it is that deceitfull. My thoughts are that Ellmer actually believes the remanufactured bolts are good and that someone is scalping them for him for a commission and dropping his name all over town.

I believe that if you do not like a product that you buy from a vendor, simply return it. No need to make a big to do over it, post the facts and your opinion and be done with it.

As far as the "he's making too much money" feedback, remember there were a lot of these TRW bolts bought by the barrel load for $5ea that are being sold for $275 now. The vendors didn't do it, Koolaide was sipped and the M14 enthusiasts set the price for USGI parts.

New Garand bolt...$60-$80
New M14 bolt $250-$350

Most folks couldn't tell em apart. We did it to ourselves....

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
The vendors didn't do it, Koolaide was sipped and the M14 enthusiasts set the price for USGI parts.

New Garand bolt...$60-$80
New M14 bolt $250-$350

Most folks couldn't tell em apart. We did it to ourselves....
But we can "undo" it to ourselves. Quit buying them! From what Ripsaw said the 7.62mm bolt is good to go. I'll bet 98% of the members couldn't tell them from USGI. If you want to see $75 USGI bolts this will do it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
bolts

Wouldn't that be something if it was somebody impersonating him.. Would make someone speculating why he did it look pretty foolish.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts