M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh, Great M-14/M1A gods !! [-o<

I ask your indulgence to respond to this most unworthy FNG... 8O

I just purchased a "bush" M1A from our very own SamuraiGunfighter (a great person, by the way -- let's go shooting soon !) and noticed how easy-to-read his elevation knob is...

(it's a converted M1A Scout, but SGF didn't modify the rear sight in any way)

I compared it to my brand-new M1A Scout -- and a few other M1As owned by a friend -- and noted how my Scout's elevation knob markings are so difficult to see: thinner markings, shallower with smaller, thinner numbers...

Can anyone explain the differences and offer any suggestions ?? Do you think I can get SA to exchange my hard-to-see elevation knob for the more visible kind ?? Can I purchase and field-replace the knob with the more visible kind ?? From where ??

Thanks in advance...and don't forget to gently nudge -- before Friday -- your state reps in the House and Senate to not only allow the AWB to "sunset," but to veto any bills (such as the upcoming labor/health and human services appropriations bill) that have last-minute gun control (a.k.a. victim disarmament) amendments tacked on...

(you can get to YOUR reps by looking 'em up via your zipcode at: http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm)

(sorry 'bout the paid political announcement... I hope I'm not violating a forum rule...) :oops:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
The elevation knob on the bush rifle is probably USGI & the one on your scout is probably an SA Inc. repro.

Look around on gunbroker or ebay for elevation pinions, you can usually find a nice one at a good price, esp. if you don't mind using a Garand part (yards instead of meters).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.