M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When shooting irons, I usually shoot with a hooded rear sight. When it is bottomed out, the elevation drum will no longer spin. This is also the case for another USGI sight I own. However the one on my new build is different. When I drop the aperture all the way, the elevation knob will keep spinning even though the aperture itself is not moving. If the go the other way, it will rise like normal. Is this normal? Or not supposed to happen?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, will do. This rear sight might be on it's way out anyways. It looks nice as it's reparked, but just doesn't feel as nice as my others.

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Yeah...if she feels weak than get a new PB elevation pinion. You can find them around NOS. One of those will last you another 50 years.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
The weak spring cover is often overlooked and even if the other components are OK that spring cover needs to be in good shape. Not expensive and usually changed mine at least once a year just to be sure. Just a thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.