M14 Forum banner

Edit: New Builds Taking Form

3629 Views 71 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  anthonypd
Gathering all the parts for my next build.

So far:
Fulton m21 receiver
Satern heavy stainless barrel
GI op rod, trigger, and bolt
GI NM hooded rear site and SEI nm front site
Unitized (welded) SAI gas cylinder
T44 reproduction stock inlet for dummy selector by Ted Brown

Not going to bed this one, but hoping it’ll be a real shooter none the less

Wood Hardwood Wood stain Varnish Natural material

Brown Wood Hardwood Varnish Wood stain

Light Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Wood Rectangle Parallel Font Metal
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

· Super Moderator
12,622 Posts
Here’s a closeup of the dummy flash hider. NM reamed. As you can see, it is more realistic than the LRB dummy flash due to the grooves being a bit more pronounced. Big thanks to the unnamed forum member for reaching out to make these to help out someone behind enemy lines. Beautiful work.

View attachment 495627
View attachment 495626
I know……..

· Premium Member
22,450 Posts
Got out with Bula XM21 #211 for a few minutes. Knocked out 50 rnds of good ammo for a start to break in the Liberty barrel. Hit to the right on the left target was from a target above before an elevation correction. OOPS. Looks like the Liberty SS barrels can shoot. I have more on the way. Whatta Hobby!

Circle Recreation Rim Audio equipment Font

· Premium Member
22,450 Posts
NF1E, Do you suspect these barrels will shoot as well as the Krieger SS 1/10? I know thats kind of a dumb question but just wanted your thoughts on this.

ETA: Very nice groups by the way.
Time will tell. I have thousands of rnds through my heavy Kreigers and only 50 through this Liberty. My thought is they " should " perform very close to the same. Nice thing about any barrel is that they are an expendable and easily changed out when the time comes. Whatta Hobby!

· Premium Member
22,450 Posts
I think the Liberty Heavy Stainless button rifled 5R 1-10 barrels are going to work well. Just had ups drop off a couple more for projects. Whatta Hobby!

Wood Rectangle Bumper Table Automotive exterior

· Registered
3,271 Posts
Here’s a closeup of the dummy flash hider. NM reamed. As you can see, it is more realistic than the LRB dummy flash due to the grooves being a bit more pronounced. Big thanks to the unnamed forum member for reaching out to make these to help out someone behind enemy lines. Beautiful work.

View attachment 495627
View attachment 495626
Back when CT first imposed the AW ban, Hoffman's Gun Store had a bunch of mini-14's made with the two bottom ports of the flash hider not cut through and permanently affixed; making it a muzzle compensator but looking like a FH. I like it better than a FH. Maybe you can do the same.

· Registered
1,400 Posts
Back when CT first imposed the AW ban, Hoffman's Gun Store had a bunch of mini-14's made with the two bottom ports of the flash hider not cut through and permanently affixed; making it a muzzle compensator but looking like a FH. I like it better than a FH. Maybe you can do the same.
NY requires a plain barrel, hence the dummy FH. No brakes or FH on scary rifles.

· Registered
831 Posts
Anthony, the flash hiders look great. Were they bored and sleeved USGI? Also, I'm a fan of that Bisonite look bedding. Is it Acraglas?

Reactions: nf1e

· Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)
Anthony, the flash hiders look great. Were they bored and sleeved USGI? Also, I'm a fan of that Bisonite look bedding. Is it Acraglas?
Exactly! Bored, sleeved, silver soldered, and then reamed to NM specs. The forum member who made these does not want to be inundated with any requests (understandably doesn’t want making these to no longer be fun), but he did amazing work. I think he even mentioned beveling the end of the sleeve to have a nice finished look to it. Truly great skill to be found on this forum.

Carl Leisinger is doing the bedding. I believe he uses the brown version of this:

41 - 60 of 72 Posts