M14 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, which do you prefer, Web belts, Leather, Metal Reinforced? My regular belts aren't up to the challenge. Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
TP

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been really liking my blue alpha with hybrid cobra buckle that I can thread through all my belt loops without adjustment every time.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Gentlemen, which do you prefer, Web belts, Leather, Metal Reinforced? My regular belts aren't up to the challenge. Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
TP
Like electricnic says, Hanks Concealed Carry Gun Belts - #1 Leather Gun Belt is tough to beat. And I looked at lots of them. I use one of their metal reinforced leather belts that I hang a Ruger GP100 alternated sometimes a 1911 commander on w/mags. The thing is sturdy comforatble and does NOT sag even with these two and looks nice enough to wear with a suit.

For the rest, High Speed Gear battle belt for SHTF w/liner and cobra buckle. Nylon Tactical Gear | SWAT Tactical Gear

·
Registered
520 Posts
Leather, reinforced. Leather because it doesn't scream "This guy has a gun!" Reinforced because I carry an alloy gun and a non-reinforced belt won't cut it. Your mileage may vary. My personal belt is a Crossbreed.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I run Bigfoot spring steel reinforced for leather belts, and Blue Alpha Gear hybrid cobra or Velcro (depending on circumstance) for reinforced nylon.

Both brands have held up 100% for years now. I have nothing bad to say at all about either - and their sizing charts hold up to reality precisely.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
My EDC is a Bigfoot leather reinforced . Nice belt and has held up well the last 2 yr's of use.
Same here. First one I bought (can't remember the name) fell apart after 2 months. Company claimed it was reinforced, etc. Etc. One of the studs that held on the buckle to the belt tore off and the holes where the buckle spindle threaded through ripped.

Bought a bigfoot and it was 1000% improvement. Very happy with it. I combo it with a muddy river tactical iwb with soft loops/claw and it stays put and tight to the body

·
Registered
11,054 Posts
I stopped wearing belts with metal buckles about 2 decades ago.

Galls sells nylon belts with velcro. Cabelas, etc, have them in leather.

Infinitely adjustable. Nothing to scratch car fenders, boats or your belly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recommend Tucker Gun Leather Gun Belts and also Tucker and Byrd.

I put off getting a real gunbelt for years and the difference between my old Cowboy belt(s) and a Gun Belt is night and day different.

links below. I can also recommend both makers Holsters. High quality work

·
Registered
734 Posts
I often use a SOG riggers belt. Very adjustable, strong, has never sagged on me no matter if I have a T/C or a Python attached to it.

Nelson

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I carry inside the waist band.
Belt is a Web belt that fits the belt loops.
Has the old Boy Scout or military buckle.
Easily adjusts longer or shorter depending on my belly and whether or not I'm carrying IWB.
Occasionally just drop it in the pocket of the cargo pants.

Also have the fold over velcro type, but prefer the one above.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Bought a big old thick/heavy leather belt at a gunshow several years ago for $50. Darn thing still looks new. Carries a P07 IWV and one mag. (also IWB) on a regular basis. Still not trying to bend/sag like the $18 leather belts from Walmart I used to buy.

Have had to make some holes in it though so I could take it up when my waist size decreased (not enough) a few years back. Drill/drill bit with a piece of 2X4 for a back stop worked fine for that.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I'm another proponent of Hank's belts. I have three, one for OWB, one for IWB and one for my motorcycle leather jacket. I've used several different styles and materials of belts over several years and have found Hank's to work very well. JMHO

1 - 17 of 17 Posts