M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed the pricey EBR's available on Gunbroker. Would my M1A (1994) be a drop-in or does it require a fit?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Remove the front band and get some shims then you should be good to go.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
The Sage International stock won't fit a heavyweight barrel. If you have a medium weight barrel, Sage makes a top rail for that barrel profile. If you're buying a Sage stock from a private party, ask the seller if the top rail is sized for a standard contour barrel or a medium weight barrel.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I sent mine in to smith enterprises to have a few thousandths milled off the rear trigger guard pad on the stock. The trigger group was canted to where the trigger group was wedged in and had to be pried out with a screwdriver after it was locked down. Also, the hammer was following the bolt. From what I've been told this is a common problem with the sage stocks, but easily remedied. You probably won't know if it fits correctly until you drop it in.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm just concerned with all the articles I've read that the EBR and my rifle won't be compatible without having to make it 'fit' by altering the rifle. Don't know if I have a regular or heavy barrel. Purchased I guess a straight looking M1a from Springfield in '94. Lot of money to spend and find out it needs to be reworked. Hoping for a straight drop-in.

·
Registered
317 Posts
as long as you don't have a heavy barrel you should be good to go. Find a local gun club or high power shooters in your area, you should turn up someone who can do the work or advise you. Even if you pay for the advise, Mine was a std barrel contour, no problem.
VETTOM III

1 - 9 of 9 Posts