M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I currently have a cheap leupold 3-9x scope on my mod 0 that I plan to replace with another scope, something more along the lines of 4-14 or something like that. I plan to use the LT608 mount, or the stripper clip rail, not sure which would be better.

Now, on my new Mod 1, I want more flexibility. I think I want 2 LT 608 mounts, one with a scope and another with a red dot and magnifier.

I see a lot of people here use some tan colored scope...what is that?

Next, I saw this on the EBR facebook page today, and was curious if this was a reliable method of mounting an acog:

Seems like it would be not strong enough to hold it up but maybe?

Last question, I'm totally new to ACOGs and it seems as though all of them are made specifically for 16" or 20" AR rifles...do I need something special for my EBR?

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
The "tan coloured" scope is most likely a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 3.5-10X40 M2.

As for ACOG's and M14's... I've seen it done but I have yet to see it done in a way I'd want one on my rifle. Just my opinion on the matter.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm trying to focus less on quantity and more on quality. So good optics are veryimportant.

But I know I'll need 2 serums for my mod 1 since I'd like to use it for close up and long range. And I don't feel like messing with a scop all the time in it hence my interest in the acog.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The ACOG mount was a DIY job that one of the forum members (IRONMAN) made out of a stripper clip mount.

ACOG's are not the greatest on the M14 as they have poor eye relief that what is able to be achieved with an M14. If you want a ACOG on your M14 than you will really need to look for a long scope rail.

Original Thread:
http://www.m14tfl.com/upload/showthread.php?t=83855&highlight=ACOG+M14

1 - 4 of 4 Posts