M14 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im doing another round of anodizing in NSG finish, I have a few items going so Im passing on the discount to anyone wanting to do a ebr chassis or parts in a NSG type finish, prices this time will be a flat

$125 for whole chassis with shipping included
$25 per small part plus usps priority shipping cost dependent on size

Chassis must be completely stripped down to aluminum parts ONLY no hardware should be shipped with chassis , the anodize service includes acid wash of all finish but does not remove small scratches or dings, if parts contain small dings or scratches media blast of parts is recommended prior to shipping parts, I recommend using the finest media possible to achieve a smooth finish, the coarser the media the flatter the finish, or can be provided at separate cost, if a member needs assistance with breaking down a chassis I will be happy to assist, disclosure (Every Alloy is different and different tones of grey will occur during anodize process some parts will be lighter while others will be darker)

Turn around times are typically 10 work days

Orders must be shipped to me by the 15th of July
thanks any questions feel free to pm me,
Had great success with badger ebr rings, buffer tubes, sage dcsb mounts all came out great in NSG

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can you do other stocks, i. e. A blackfeather, in different colors? I was hoping for a darker green than I currently have.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anybody know how I can get into contact with lord of war619? I received a PM from him early November telling me my EBR Top Cover was done and asking for my address. I PM'ed back but haven't heard anything. I noticed he haven't logged in since Nov 3rd.

·
Super Moderator
926 Posts
He asked me via text to post his contact info. He said he hasn't been able to log on here for a while and therefore hasn't been able to get your information to send the rail back. I had a similar issue, but was able to text him. He said he wants to get it back to you as soon as he hears from you.

[email protected]

Hope that helps. Contact me if you need his phone #

Regards,
Brad

·
Registered
381 Posts
Im doing another round of anodizing in NSG finish, I have a few items going so Im passing on the discount to anyone wanting to do a ebr chassis or parts in a NSG type finish

I recommend using the finest media possible to achieve a smooth finish, the coarser the media the flatter the finish, or can be provided at separate cost, if a member needs assistance with breaking
I am wanting to change my black Chasis and sending it to a shop and I have a couple questions

What colour did you have them redone in

What did you use to strip the old finish? Glass beading or sand blaster?

·
Registered
826 Posts
If you are sending your chassis to an anodizer to have it redone, they will chemically strip it before anodizing in the new color. Mechanical stripping such as glass beading, or sand blasting is a no-no on the aluminum chassis.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you are sending your chassis to an anodizer to have it redone, they will chemically strip it before anodizing in the new color. Mechanical stripping such as glass beading, or sand blasting is a no-no on the aluminum chassis.
The shop got back to me and they said they wil "Etch" the old coating off for me.

I am getting a very good deal due to connections and they are going to do the whole deal for $90

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im doing another round of anodizing in NSG finish, I have a few items going so Im passing on the discount to anyone wanting to do a ebr chassis or parts in a NSG type finish, prices this time will be a flat

$125 for whole chassis with shipping included
$25 per small part plus usps priority shipping cost dependent on size

Chassis must be completely stripped down to aluminum parts ONLY no hardware should be shipped with chassis , the anodize service includes acid wash of all finish but does not remove small scratches or dings, if parts contain small dings or scratches media blast of parts is recommended prior to shipping parts, I recommend using the finest media possible to achieve a smooth finish, the coarser the media the flatter the finish, or can be provided at separate cost, if a member needs assistance with breaking down a chassis I will be happy to assist, disclosure (Every Alloy is different and different tones of grey will occur during anodize process some parts will be lighter while others will be darker)

Turn around times are typically 10 work days

Orders must be shipped to me by the 15th of July
thanks any questions feel free to pm me,
Had great success with badger ebr rings, buffer tubes, sage dcsb mounts all came out great in NSG
Will you be doing another round? If so, when?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.