M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was everyone who has a EBR M1A configurated weapon surprised at the weight of the rifle with all the extra's installed. I have a LRB M 25 with bipod,Eotech 552, magnifier, sling and a loaded mag weights 16.9 lbs. I was really surprised anyone else surprised at the weight of there weapon? If you would, please post your weapon's weight as you have it configured.I sure hope my scale is off. This seems like a lot to me. 16.9 lbs loaded Thanks

·
Registered
763 Posts
I don't know, but its heavy. I have a socom in a ebr chassis that is going to be swapped to wood. In the chassis with a Leupold Mark 4 2.5 x 8 its heavy. The EBR is going to get a the JRA receiver I just got with a Med Weight Krieger 22". Since its the arrange is heavy I'm going to make it the extended range platform.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Was everyone who has a EBR M1A configurated weapon surprised at the weight of the rifle with all the extra's installed. I have a LRB M 25 with bipod,Eotech 552, magnifier, sling and a loaded mag weights 16.9 lbs. I was really surprised anyone else surprised at the weight of there weapon? If you would, please post your weapon's weight as you have it configured.I sure hope my scale is off. This seems like a lot to me. 16.9 lbs loaded Thanks
your scale is probably off mine weighs 15lbs loaded and its a mod 0, thats with grip,bipod , empty mag eotech and magnifier, so did you get your magnifier to function without collapsing the stock and putting your eyeball right on it

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
your scale is probably off mine weighs 15lbs loaded and its a mod 0, thats with grip,bipod , empty mag eotech and magnifier, so did you get your magnifier to function without collapsing the stock and putting your eyeball right on it
his mag is loaded, and your s is empty. He's also got a heavy 22" barrel and yours is a standard 18 if I'm not mistaken. I can see that being 2 lbs worth of difference.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes to my surprise my eye relief is good,I would say maybe 6inches or so, surprised me and the vortex
3 X magnifier is really clear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts