M14 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Recently I have purchased an EOTech 551 for my EBR. I am wondering what is the best for MY EBR? I like both irons and Holo but what do you guys think? I mostly use this gun for close in (less than 200yds) shooting. Yes I know a NM is beset used out further but I don't want to buy a scope just yet. To help facilitate conversation here's an example of how I use my rifle under 50yds.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxF6WqBRWU&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
The eotech sits high on a platform like that. The cheek riser will have to be cranked up to give you somewhat of a resemblance of a cheek weld. I would go with a shorter reflex sight or lower red dot much like the aimpoints with low mounts. That just my personal preference.

Reactions: That One Guy

·
Registered
104 Posts
For me, if your keeping engagements within 200 yds I don't see a point in buying a red dot or a holographic sight. Id would just stick to irons. But, I'm extremely biased and all of my rifles have a magnified optic on some sort of a QD mount so irons can be utilized rather quickly.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To me a Sage is for building a DMR platform.
So the SEALs use the EBR stock for DMR/SDM as well as a CQB capable platform. While the EBR won't be point man he may very likely be in the stack none the less.

But yes this is a preference question. I'm trying to see if you all have any experiences that would bias your decision, rather than pure preference, yuh know?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My EOtech purchasse was mainly to expedite the target acquisition process, but yes, irons are quit alright within 200yds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was thinking of a Aimpoint Pro for my newly purchased SOCOM 16 CQB and will need a low mount for it. Seems like a good choice for short range work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you mount the eotech on your EBR? Can you post pictures. I'm trying to decide on my Scout / Sage EBR Navy which Red Dot to install.. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Dropping your Magazines

Hello all! Recently I have purchased an EOTech 551 for my EBR. I am wondering what is the best for MY EBR? I like both irons and Holo but what do you guys think? I mostly use this gun for close in (less than 200yds) shooting. Yes I know a NM is beset used out further but I don't want to buy a scope just yet. To help facilitate conversation here's an example of how I use my rifle under 50yds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxF6WqBRWU&feature=youtu.be
I saw your training Vid, your training yourself to drop the mags on the ground. Are you always going to be able go back and pick them up? If you train to Drop them, you will, so stop dropping them. I never saw anyone drop Mags on the ground in combat. That's why we have bandoliers to reload with. They don't grow on trees. Just saying Happy Shooting

Oh Iron Sights

·
Registered
95 Posts
My eyesight doesn't allow me to see iron sights as well as I prefer anymore. I removed the rear sight and added a Hopco mount & a Burris FF3 to my Socom. My preference for CQB. Accuracy is excellent inside 100yds, fair to 200.
I just did the same thing Oldguy55 did. I have the Burris FF3 on a quick-detach mount and also my Burris 2-7 Scout Scope on low QD rings. I swap depending on what Im using it for. Ill tell you the reasoning why I went with this nice low setup: I was able to configure it so I never have to move the cheek riser. The place I put my riser to see through my glass on low rings w the Scope mount is also perfect for the Fastfire 3. All I had to do with my actual irons is re-calibrate my drum with my rear aperture a little higher for BattleZero than I previously had it, now everythings attached via QD it makes my change between Reflex/ScoutScope/Irons quick and painless and nothing has to be re-zeroed.

I did at one point take my EOTech off of my AR and put it on my Socom just to see how it went, and for me it was just way too high, almost uncomfortably high. But were all different, maybe you will like an EOTech setup. Only way to know is to slap that puppy on there and throw some lead. If you find yourself not getting a proper/consistent weld with the EOTech, its time to change it up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts