M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Hmmm, a lot of money for a commercial copy of an M1 Carbine that should never be shot............... But who knows, may be a good investment if stuck away in a safe somewhere.

Reactions: hero4you69

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I would dearly love to have one of those signed Carbines. But finances preclude the thoughts of purchasing one at $2500.00.

My Uncle John was a "Path Finder" with the 82nd Airborne Infantry Regiment when they jumped at Normandy on June 6 1944. He had lots of good things to say about the M-1 Carbine. He said, I killed lots of Germans with an M-1 Carbine and the last time I checked they were all still dead. However his first love for use in combat was the Thompson SMG...

7th

·
Registered
373 Posts
Beautiful gun. Bit much in price but I am sucker for history and I love the story behind the 101st so if I had the money, I would grab one in a heart beat.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have all of the those guys signatures already so missing out on the M1a1 from Valor isn't that big of a deal. I have the Night of Nights print hanging in my office signed by 10 Easy Co. Vets. (also from Valor Studios)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Must have been pretty neat meeting him. You have a pretty big smile on your face. Just heard the other day Dick Winters passed.
Certainly one of the highlights of my life was sitting with him and hearing his stories first hand. Especially the one's that haven't made it into print.

Here are a few of the things I was able to get signed by him.

Prop helmet used in Band of Brothers
Carbine stock
E Co. Photo from Austria
101st Eagle print that I got from Bill Guarnere's personal collection.
His autobiography and a photograph.

Reactions: hero4you69

·
Registered
280 Posts
My son wanted an easy company airborne helmet, so I rigged up one for him from scratch (Stripped old paint off, repainted with cork texture, re-webbed lining to M2 Paratrooper Westinghouse specs, made a "Easy Company" stencil, Lt. Bar, etc):

Anyway, it was something my Son wanted since he was very attached to "Band of Brothers".

Sorry to read elsewhere that Major Winter's recently passed away.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Very nice!

My son wanted an easy company airborne helmet, so I rigged up one for him from scratch (Stripped old paint off, repainted with cork texture, re-webbed lining to M2 Paratrooper Westinghouse specs, made a "Easy Company" stencil, Lt. Bar, etc):

Anyway, it was something my Son wanted since he was very attached to "Band of Brothers".

Sorry to read elsewhere that Major Winter's recently passed away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.