M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Hi,
The scene with the pecans was funny to me being from Georgia.

My Grandmother used to make pecan pies and homemade divinity candy that melt in your mouth.

So many good things to eat that I will never see again after she died.

I'll have to go see the movie now cause in that scene the old man (Clint) has about talked the Trooper from searching his car and then the dog starts barking?

Does the dog smell the coke or just wants a head call???

·
Registered
18 Posts
This movie looks good. Clint is a great actor and director. Gran Torino is one of my favorite non western Clint Eastwood movies. Definitely will have to see this.

·
Banned
299 Posts
Once I watched American Sniper about the 3d time I saw too much in the background kind of stuff that I'm not sure Clint still has it, as it were. Not sure I'll give this one a try, possible rental but not in the theater for those prices.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Once I watched American Sniper about the 3d time I saw too much in the background kind of stuff that I'm not sure Clint still has it, as it were. Not sure I'll give this one a try, possible rental but not in the theater for those prices.
I can't remember the last time I was in a movie theater! ( you are right...who can afford it!)

The only movies I watch are on Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will go and see it on the big screen. I remember seeing Dirty Harry at the drive in weekly for about a month. Still a classic and timeless film and Clint is an icon and far more insightful and morally, intellectually far above most of the scumbags that reside in Hollywood and think they are important. I have read many pieces about what a terrific director he is to work for as he never degrades or even reprimands the actors.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
It looks pretty intense. I have not been to a movie theater in several years, and I don't watch many even on DVD. Last few movies I've seen were on cross country flights. I saw Eastwood's 15:17 To Paris over the summer, on a flight of course. That was shortly after I met Alek Skarlatos who is running for County Commissioner in my area. I knew the story, and that those young men had portrayed their own story in the film, but meeting him made seeing the film more interesting. I thought Eastwood did a marvelous job with that film, and his direction certainly helped non actors come across as believable, especially given the unusual dynamic.

So while I will probably not go see the new film in the theater, it certainly looks like one I'll find available, maybe on the flight out for next Spring's Knob Creek!

·
Administrator
17,193 Posts
The wife and I went this morning to watch the movie, Mule turned out to be a good one.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I've seen it, it's not bad.

You need to keep in mind that it was a true story. They really did take this senile old flower salesman guy and make him drive around the country with hundreds of kilos of drugs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Netflix

I can't remember the last time I was in a movie theater! ( you are right...who can afford it!)

The only movies I watch are on Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu.
Except Obama works for Netflix now. I think I read they gave him 50 Million. Kind of ruined it for me.

BTW was Clint in "American Sniper"? DI2

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Except Obama works for Netflix now. I think I read they gave him 50 Million. Kind of ruined it for me.

BTW was Clint in "American Sniper"? DI2
Hi,
Clint directed American Sniper.

I cancelled Netflix when Obozo and Susan Rice went on the Board of Directors!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts