M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Site Admin
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made some changes to make it significantly easier to see and give feedback for PX/BX deals.

As you view the forum, you'll notice underneath everyone's post count, you will see their PX/BX Feedback Score which will show you their feedback number. You can click that number to see more details on that person and to give them feedback.

A few people have voiced concerns on how cumbersome it has been to get to a screen to leave feedback for others, so hopefully this helps things.

Also, by having the feedback score visible as they post, you can quickly see someone's score when viewing a thread.

Buyers and sellers are strongly encouraged to leave feedback on every transaction they make. This helps to build a good feedback system so people know who they can trust when buying and selling within our community.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Thats nice Lash, now another question if I may. If the person wishing their feedback, in it's entirety, be labeled or easily viewable by the community, goes back and does the search and count, for number of positive and negative feedbacks, can it be added to the count ? In other words, past feedback history added to new feedback system ? That way, everyone doesn't look like a new member here. I know guys that have years and years of good feedback here, that were basically sent to back to the beginning, and now have 0 feedback, I still don't feel that is fair somehow. It is no secret that I asked hawk about it also, when he changed the system. My feedback cost me 60,000.00 dollars to get, and now it's gone, or in some obscure, hard to search format, that if a given buyer took the time to search it all out, they would lose the item to someone else....Mine is back up again already, but I really feel for guys that have many more than me, that is erased. It is a lot of hard work and expenditure, to gain a good reputation, and it will never sit right with me how this was done by the past administration, without any option or recourse. I feel like I have been robbed......I guess, I wouldn't know what that feels like though....I own M14's and 1911's....I don't get robbed.DI5

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
First of all THANK YOU Lash! That is a great improvement over the previous method to post feedback.

FWIW, I personally don't sell or offer things up much on this forum, but I have on other forums, and such a viewable score is indispensable for those that do. Not to mention the ease of worry for members considering buying fro another member and not knowing much about them. In Ripsaws' case, I think he is pretty much known to most members just from his posts and contributions here, but I can still see where it would be beneficial and nice to recollect previous score/feedback numbers, even if it was only, say, a one year window for members who request it. A little extra work, yes, but worth the effort IMHO.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Like others have posted, It is very unpleasant to work hard at gaining a good reputation in the px only to see it disapear. I do not post a lot of items for sale but have prided myself on the comunication and quality of parts offered for sell.

I do like the easier style of leaveing feedback though.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Thanks for the simplification. I believe it was so difficult to find the right direction that many people just ignored it, leaving useful information on the wayside.

·
Site Admin
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats nice Lash, now another question if I may. If the person wishing their feedback, in it's entirety, be labeled or easily viewable by the community, goes back and does the search and count, for number of positive and negative feedbacks, can it be added to the count ? In other words, past feedback history added to new feedback system ? That way, everyone doesn't look like a new member here. I know guys that have years and years of good feedback here, that were basically sent to back to the beginning, and now have 0 feedback, I still don't feel that is fair somehow. It is no secret that I asked hawk about it also, when he changed the system. My feedback cost me 60,000.00 dollars to get, and now it's gone, or in some obscure, hard to search format, that if a given buyer took the time to search it all out, they would lose the item to someone else....Mine is back up again already, but I really feel for guys that have many more than me, that is erased. It is a lot of hard work and expenditure, to gain a good reputation, and it will never sit right with me how this was done by the past administration, without any option or recourse. I feel like I have been robbed......I guess, I wouldn't know what that feels like though....I own M14's and 1911's....I don't get robbed.DI5
You raise some valid points. The new system was installed by Hawk before I came onboard so I'm simply taking where things are at today and trying to improve the Feedback system.

The old feedback threads are still read-only and viewable by the community in the Slop Chute section:
http://m14forum.com/slop-chute/

Users are welcome to search the forum to see the positive feedback and history you've had with the community.

Over time, as people give feedback to one another after PX/BX transactions, this new system will grow in value.

·
NSR
1,467 Posts
USMC "Team" rifle stickers

Rifle team stickers from Geoff3. Really helped me out in a tight.

Wes Howe

·
Administrator
17,412 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts