M14 Forum banner

Early Sako Finnbear L61R in 30-06_4 digit

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  russmerle 
#1 ·
Not sure if there are many Sako fans here but just in case...

After cleaning it up, I think I got a deal... She seems very straight and well made. Sako Finnbear L61R w/ serial 2708. Came with some proper rings but they’re made in Spain and the gentleman snap a screw trying to remove them. They’re nice, just gotta get that screw out. If anyone knows Sako serial numbers and dating, please help. It hurts my head.

The story goes, older gent helped his friend pick out this rifle back in the 60s. His friend never shot it so he rescued it from a closet and bought it off his friend. Last night, I find this ad floating around the interwebs as I perused in a sleep deprived, new born is home, gotta make sure momma feeds him without falling asleep stupor...

Finally get a hold of the guy and we can’t agree on a trade so it turned into a cash now, sell some of my other stuff later to backfill the piggy bank.

Russ

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
#6 · (Edited)
New Sako Peep, eBay special

Picked up the newer style Sako peep. I have an older one coming, didn’t expect to win the bid so now I’m rolling deep in Sako. Had some help installing it too. “I fitz it” she demands. Momma isn’t the happiest about our choice in hobby but the little sure likes it lol

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.