M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if there are many Sako fans here but just in case...

After cleaning it up, I think I got a deal... She seems very straight and well made. Sako Finnbear L61R w/ serial 2708. Came with some proper rings but they’re made in Spain and the gentleman snap a screw trying to remove them. They’re nice, just gotta get that screw out. If anyone knows Sako serial numbers and dating, please help. It hurts my head.

The story goes, older gent helped his friend pick out this rifle back in the 60s. His friend never shot it so he rescued it from a closet and bought it off his friend. Last night, I find this ad floating around the interwebs as I perused in a sleep deprived, new born is home, gotta make sure momma feeds him without falling asleep stupor...

Finally get a hold of the guy and we can’t agree on a trade so it turned into a cash now, sell some of my other stuff later to backfill the piggy bank.

Russ

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jackson! I grew up in Indiana, hope things are well out there for you.

The Sako Finnbear production started 31 January 1962 starting with #1. Production continued until 12 September 1973 and ended at #90954.

Ref: https://www.sako.fi/sites/default/files/SakoOldmodelsNumbering.pdf

A L61R in .264WM #2921 was reported as dated 3 December 1962.

This list has been compiled from the original MSN Sako Collector's Club(now defunct) owners provided original hangtags or similar documentation.

Ref: http://thehunterslife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14777

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Nice to see a Sako Posted here. I have a Pair of Full Stocked Finnbears. The Scoped one is an AV in 30.06 with a Leupold 2-7 Variable. The unscoped one is my 375 H&H Magnum.
I sold my L61R 270 several years ago...…………...Lew

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
New Sako Peep, eBay special

Picked up the newer style Sako peep. I have an older one coming, didn’t expect to win the bid so now I’m rolling deep in Sako. Had some help installing it too. “I fitz it” she demands. Momma isn’t the happiest about our choice in hobby but the little sure likes it lol

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts